TSSAA Bracket Draw

mas1821

5 hours ago, mas1821 said:

One of two things are happening.

1.) This is completely political. 

2.) The coronavirus is somehow worse than we're being led to believe.

I lean towards 1.  

1 hour ago, FormerCteamPresident said:

Sadly, I'm of the opposite belief. I know the libs are trying their best to blame president trump for this but I just have a feeling it's worse than what we're being told. I think it's on purpose but only because they don't know a lot about it and they have no vaccinations for it.  I hope im wrong and yall can come back and tell me what a DA I am......

You are both probably right to an extent. Pandemic's come and go as far as contractibility, but few are severe enough to cause death... this one seems unusual in that is both easily transferable and severe. On the other hand, coronavirus isn't new, just in a slightly different strain as the flu usually does a few times a decade. About a century ago, a strain of the flu (Spanish)  swept the planet causing mortality rates much higher than coronavirus, and is still present... we have just become immune to an extent. The libs are grasping at straws to implicate POTUS for this and the economy, both of which IMO are overblown to a degree.

Sorry to veer so far off topic, but Southtowner has a 1A/2A football thread "this, that, and the other" or something similar where folks just "talk"... probably should continue this there.

Edited by tradertwo

7 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

I dunno..  Tom Hanks has survived 7 yrs on a deserted island, the apollo crash, landed a plane in the Hudson, survived Vietnam, dodged the HIV epidemic from the love of his life (Jenny), and met the living descendant of Jesus Christ.  If he don't push through, I fear for all of us! 

^_^

Same...  Loretto is the country, Westpoint is the boonies.  I'll drive 10 min to Westpoint and live in the woods.

You forgot the Somali pirates (not to be confused with South Pitt)… they may have been the worst of the bunch... run (to the) Forrest run!!!

• Like 1

tradertwo

I have no doubt Libs are behind this massive overreaction. Doc and Senator quoted some interesting %s earlier on a major network.

99% of those that test positive recover rather quickly much like the flu

80% of those that get it, never know they have it and don’t seek medical care

As for Tom Hanks, he has type 2 diabetes so who knows how it will affect him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

1,200 cases of coronavirus with 30 deaths in US....34 millions cases of flu with 20,000 deaths in US this season...Never heard of NBA cancelling season, universities shutting down and laws not allowing people to gather over the flu.... something not adding up 

I agree..... somethings not right. I'd bet the NBA, NCAA didn't make their decisions based on what CNN/MSNBC/FOX are saying.  They're reporting 1 case around here and I 100% know that's not true. So what else aren't they telling us????

Edited by FormerCteamPresident

58 minutes ago, FormerCteamPresident said:

I agree..... somethings not right. I'd bet the NBA, NCAA didn't make their decisions based on what CNN/MSNBC/FOX are saying.  They're reporting 1 case around here and I 100% know that's not true. So what else aren't they telling us????

I've learned in business and from watching what all unfolds in politics to ALWAYS be sure there is an ulterior motive behind everything that "appears" to happen....Will not surprise me one bit to find out that some of those "lifer" Washington DC rats are already making billions on this virus in one way or the other....There is a reason for "lack of information" and the panic they are causing...It'll all come out.