Job Openings

WestTNroundball

Hearing some heavy interest is generating around the Knoxville West job. Hearing there is interest from high school and college coaches here, not too sure if it's all 100% accurate but I would bet most is from the source(s) where it's coming from. Current established high school coach from the area is hot on this. 

4 hours ago, 99Guy said:

Hearing some heavy interest is generating around the Knoxville West job. Hearing there is interest from high school and college coaches here, not too sure if it's all 100% accurate but I would bet most is from the source(s) where it's coming from. Current established high school coach from the area is hot on this. 

I wouldn't doubt it.  West has always been a good job to have.  There's a lot of athletes in that school that didn't play for Kessler that would probably play for another coach.  However, Kessler was done wrong and I don't know if I could trust the administration there at West and yes I graduated from West.  haha  

Who is this current "established" coach?  Give clues at least I know you can't give names

I hate rumor mils too however, I'm interesting in finding out who this person is.  What names floating around for the HVA and LC jobs?  I know you all have the inside scoop on the West job and leaving everybody in the blue about it so let's talk about the HVA and LC jobs then.   What's going on there?  What names floating around?

9 hours ago, Turtle said:

I hate rumor mils too however, I'm interesting in finding out who this person is.  What names floating around for the HVA and LC jobs?  I know you all have the inside scoop on the West job and leaving everybody in the blue about it so let's talk about the HVA and LC jobs then.   What's going on there?  What names floating around?

Lenoir City is a true crapshoot. New "Co-AD's" who are both lifelong football guys with zero basketball insight, knowledge or connections. I did hear 1 name that was offered but if true would be absolutely mind tingling. This 1 will be a true mystery until a hire is made I believe.

HVA has the same big name in on it I hear as well as some other big interest across the state. This job is apparently getting some real attention due to it's high academics and location. Interviews are going on now with current head/assistant coaches, college coaches and former high school head coaches. I think this could be a good situation if administration is serious about winning. 

Edited by 99Guy

9 hours ago, Turtle said:

Dang what's going on there?  

Different reasons.

Boys coach is taking the  new high school, Green Hill, job and taking 2 of the 3 assistants with him. The guy that said all was incorrect.

Girls coach has retired from coaching, his words, and is just going to  teach. One of  his assistants says she is done also. The other was Larry Joe Inman who is a retired college coach including MTSU,TSU and Eastern KY. He did not  teach anyway.

That being said, I am told the  principal that replaced the  legendary Mel Brown is "difficult" to deal with.