Job Openings

WestTNroundball

12 hours ago, thegame523 said:

I see they went 16-12 this year. What kind of job is this? I know Pete Froedden was there before. One of my former assistants is interested. Just trying to get a little info for him. Thanks in advance. 

I think it’s a good job....

Desirable location, Very competitive district, Good admin (I like their AD and VP, J. Jones...don’t know any others), good facilities (school opened in...96?), good resources, good crowds @ home & away games and most importantly; good young men within their program!

I am an assistant at Franklin and my son is friends with a fair amount of their current and former players....I believe all of those young men are quality people. 

They did graduate a lot of talent this past year but their 2020 class has a fantastic shooter and quality stretch big. Their middle school feeder school had a very strong team as well. 

If you’d like more info, please provide a phone number via direct message and I’d gladly answer any specifics. 

Coach Anderson

13 hours ago, thegame523 said:

I see they went 16-12 this year. What kind of job is this? I know Pete Froedden was there before. One of my former assistants is interested. Just trying to get a little info for him. Thanks in advance. 

**I’m on active duty and NOT a teacher so I can’t speak on the faculty & teaching positions at CHS.

1 hour ago, CoachAnderson said:

I think it’s a good job....

Desirable location, Very competitive district, Good admin (I like their AD and VP, J. Jones...don’t know any others), good facilities (school opened in...96?), good resources, good crowds @ home & away games and most importantly; good young men within their program!

I am an assistant at Franklin and my son is friends with a fair amount of their current and former players....I believe all of those young men are quality people. 

They did graduate a lot of talent this past year but their 2020 class has a fantastic shooter and quality stretch big. Their middle school feeder school had a very strong team as well. 

If you’d like more info, please provide a phone number via direct message and I’d gladly answer any specifics. 

Coach Anderson

Thanks for the great info. I'll pass it on to him and if he is interested beyond this I'll either DM you his number or my number. Thanks again! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 4:48 PM, 99Guy said:

Houston HS hires former NBA Champion player & Univ of Memphis AC Mike Miller as new head coach. Miller's son Mason is a D1 wing prospect on the team. Big time hire.

I'm not saying at all that Miller isn't a "big time hire" nor am I saying he won't be successful, but obviously w/where the program was before Charlie Leonard got there to where it is now, HE was the big time hire for this program. Hopefully Miller will be able to continue the upward swing Houston is on. Hiring former NBA players has not worked more than it has worked, but I have a feeling Miller will do great and I certainly hope so. Being from Fl I am a fan! 

9 hours ago, thegame523 said:

I'm not saying at all that Miller isn't a "big time hire" nor am I saying he won't be successful, but obviously w/where the program was before Charlie Leonard got there to where it is now, HE was the big time hire for this program. Hopefully Miller will be able to continue the upward swing Houston is on. Hiring former NBA players has not worked more than it has worked, but I have a feeling Miller will do great and I certainly hope so. Being from Fl I am a fan! 

Before Charlie Leonard got there they didn't have Mason Miller, Tony Madlock Jr. Aiden Applewhite, Zander Yates, or the other big kid. Without Applewhite they were a pretty beatable team at times this year. 

Talent will win games regardless of the coach. Granted the coach can screw it up but talent will win 2/3 of the time. 

Take Wooddale for example in 2015-2017 seasons Wooddale won 2 games. It was pitiful. The coach of that boys team left and became the girls coach at Houston High. More on that in a second (see below) Wooddale dropped to AA then the Lawson brothers come to play with their dad. Boom. State Champs. I've heard it from Keelon Lawson's former players at Hamilton (D1 and overseas pros) that he is a horrible coach. They years her won he had talent running out of the cracks.

Wooddale's former boys coach has a record of  112-18 in 4 years. Houston's girl's were loaded with talent. Same coach no talent at Wooddale. 

Miller likes Germantown. He could have moved just about anywhere he wanted. He will probably get an assistant job where ever his son lands to play in college. He is a great guy and the perfect hire for Hosuton right now.

• Like 2