Upperman vs Westview

sportslover88

23 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

They were all playing for 2nd place. Macon is the juggernaut.

Macon only has 5 games all year in single digits 

The 3 point loss to Westmoreland (Sub-State participants and Macon played without King and Ashburn) they blew them out at Westmoreland

The game at Clarkrange (Class A final 4)

The game vs Clarkrange in the Sonic Shootout

The game at Upperman (AA final 4)

Upperman again in the Regional Championship 

Macon also beat Upperman by 27 and 17

in everyone of those wins they lead by double digits and the team made a comeback late. 

Edit it make that 6 single digit games they also won by 9 at the top team in Arkansas’s highest classification that was playing for the State Championship there. 

Edited by Khall555

18 minutes ago, tnhoosier said:

Never seen Westview until yesterday. Was expecting a juggernaut.... they were a far cry from that.  All I’ve heard all year is how next level defensively Westview was.  All I saw was a base 2/3 that jumps every pass.  Grainger zone offense was awful, no movement, no screens, no nothing really and they had a shot to win the game.  Westview and Upperman is a toss up.  Harrison may get 20 but she will face a kid that will not let her drive straight to the rim and will stay in front of her I believe. I’m no Upperman fan in any way, I detest the Bees.  But they will give Westview problems that evidently nobody in West TN can from what I saw yesterday.

Do they always play that 2/3?  They are certainly aggressive but a solid couple guards, especially a  team that dribble penetrates will cause them problems from what they showed yesterday.

Just heard Tournament is “postponed”..... this situation is completely insane.

i just wish the kids from Westview and Upperman could’ve played.... would’ve been a great game.

I’m shocked how all this has transpired in less than 48 hrs!!!

No they usually play man to man but different match ups call for different strategies. Harrison hasn’t faced anyone all year that can stop her off the dribble but if they did she would just knock down the three on them. She is really good at reading the defense and taking what they give her! And she is only a freshman so you will see her for many years to come

1 hour ago, 85warrior said:

I've not seen Westview play this year, but i have seen Macon. I think Upperman plays Macon for the title with Macon winning. Macon is the best team I've seen play this year in any classification.

Well, I’ve seen them all play this year and I don’t feel there is a team anywhere that can beat Greenfield. I know they are just an A school but they are a special group of girls with exceptional talent and chemistry. Best team I’ve seen all year. Nonetheless, this is a shame for all the remaining teams in each classification who have worked so hard to get to this point. You are all winners.

1 hour ago, repoman said:

Every year Westview this ,Westview that,  play in a weak region and get beat out of state every year. same was coming this year whether it was Upperman  or Macon sendin them home we will never know now, but they weren't takin the Gold ball.

Why don’t y’all schedule Westview next year then and we can see if you will say the same when the game is over?

9 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Why don’t y’all schedule Westview next year then and we can see if you will say the same when the game is over?

My team is married with kids,I know we can't beat ya but go back to the 90's , my girls Jackson County team give ya a game. lol

15 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Macon will lose 3 starters including Ms Basketball K Carter and probably won’t make the State Tournament next year.  But keep scheduling single A schools and padding that record. 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2020 at 8:21 PM, repoman said:

Every year Westview this ,Westview that,  play in a weak region and get beat out of state every year. same was coming this year whether it was Upperman  or Macon sendin them home we will never know now, but they weren't takin the Gold ball.

Sounds like someone is jealous of westview lol.

1 hour ago, TNSPORTS1234 said:

false if they were a juggernaut they wouldnt have lost this year.. NEXT PLEASE

They haven’t lost this year (2020) had 2 starters injured before January and the unbeatable juggernaut Westview has lost a game (to a mediocre Single A team) this year BTW

Edited by Khall555