Upperman vs Westview

sportslover88

12 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate it. Clarkrange was very tough as well. Two twins keep coming at you and can shoot lights out!! I doubt they play it honestly!! 

I think the Monday twins run off of a motor! They never seem to get tired. Great girls and they come from a wonderful family. Assistant Coach Shayne Monday is their dad and he's a local pastor here in the big city of Clarkrange. We have worked hard to get to the tournament. Had our ups and downs. Wasn't always pretty or perfect but we made it and deserve to see what the girls can do. All the teams deserve that opportunity. I feel especially bad for the seniors that didn't realize they may have played their last high school game Thursday. We can go back and forth all day who is the best etc but what is important at this point are these kids and the fact they may have lost the chance to finish out their careers the right way

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Thank you WestTnFootball. Greenfield has the best team possibly in the state all classes. Most people who are unbiased will tell you that. Its really an unbelievable team. 

Gibson County beat Westview at Westview and Greenfield had Gibson County 40-15 at halftime at Gibson County. It ended up 29 but could have been 40 pt game.

Union City beat Westview and Greenfield beat Union City by 40 at Union City and the second game against Union City was 56-14 at halftime.

So please dont ever say Westview would beat Greenfield this year. They played this summer and Greenfield won easily. I know this new Westview poster is running Greenfield down on every thread.  TNSPORTS1234, Hes been a member on Coach T since Monday and just trying to start things on every thread.

We will have to disagree on this one my friend when it comes to who was the best overall team in the state. Ensworth was the #1 girls team overall and as well they should be. They recruit players from all over and being Div II they are allowed to. After that I would have to say Macon County. But it’s merely speculation at this point. What is a shame is that the liberal leaders at MTSU shut down this tournament. We need to get this tournament away from MTSU and get it moved to Tn Tech. The games would absolutely have been played there. I seriously doubt anyone from T$$AA ever even attends the game so for them to cancel was no big deal. Do we have an option to play the games at all or is it officially done?

49 minutes ago, Ringmaster17 said:

I think the Monday twins run off of a motor! They never seem to get tired. Great girls and they come from a wonderful family. Assistant Coach Shayne Monday is their dad and he's a local pastor here in the big city of Clarkrange. We have worked hard to get to the tournament. Had our ups and downs. Wasn't always pretty or perfect but we made it and deserve to see what the girls can do. All the teams deserve that opportunity. I feel especially bad for the seniors that didn't realize they may have played their last high school game Thursday. We can go back and forth all day who is the best etc but what is important at this point are these kids and the fact they may have lost the chance to finish out their careers the right way

40 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

We will have to disagree on this one my friend when it comes to who was the best overall team in the state. Ensworth was the #1 girls team overall and as well they should be. They recruit players from all over and being Div II they are allowed to. After that I would have to say Macon County. But it’s merely speculation at this point. What is a shame is that the liberal leaders at MTSU shut down this tournament. We need to get this tournament away from MTSU and get it moved to Tn Tech. The games would absolutely have been played there. I seriously doubt anyone from T$$AA ever even attends the game so for them to cancel was no big deal. Do we have an option to play the games at all or is it officially done?

Very sad two days I will tell you. Been lots of family tears. All these kids work so hard to get up there and this is what happens!! It is devastating!! Devastating for all 12 teams and the boys teams and all athletes involved!! Never seen any thing like this. It is like a bad dream. We work 365 days a year to get to Murfreesboro. That is the goal!! To get here and win a state title. And it is a blessing to get here don’t get me wrong but to be a senior and this happen is just awful. UCsportsfan it was good to meet you up there brother but I don’t think it will happen personally but you never say never I guess. Another bad thing about this whole deal is the money spent up there by the schools and fans that went down the drain. TSSAA ought to give all teams left shared titles if they don’t play this because schools and fans are out a lot of money on this deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Clarkrange gave Macon a good game twice this season. Lost once by 8 and the other by 7, so I don't think Greenfield is "the only team". Macon County is the best I've seen this season and yes I saw Greenfield play. Gibson County and Loretto are capable of giving them a good game as well. Greenfield is a good team but I'd bet the family farm on Macon and that would be against all four teams left in A and the other three left in AA. The 2008-2009 Lady Buffaloes were state champs and 39-0 and a special group of girls but I wouldn't have said they could beat everybody in the state in all classes. I am proud of the Clarkrange girls and sure I would like to see them win the tournament but most importantly I would like to see all the players get to finish the tournament regardless of the winner

If I remember correctly Clarkrange lead in the 3rd of that 1st game before Macon pulled away late. Clarkrange is the Only team I have seen run with Macon. Upperman has played them close but they did it by stalling and holding the ball and tried running with them in the first game and got housed by 27 , whereas Clarkrange actually played up and down the court with them all game. Macon had a few injuries to start the season but Clarkrange was really good. They are the best team I have seen outside of Macon, Stone is close but they are too reliant on their best player. If she has a bad night they are very vulnerable. They couldn’t run with Macon. 
How does any tell those Monday girls apart except for their numbers? They both are incredible shooters and quick as a hiccup.

18 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I was talking about A,  AA,  AAA teams. No doubt Ensworth is the best team in Tennessee. Macon County would beat all of the AAA teams in my opinion. I just think Greenfield would match up with Macon better than ClarkRange. I had heard at tournament Macon beat CR all three times. Greenfield would still have the two best players on the court playing Macon County in my opinion. I just hope we can finish the tournaments for our girls. This should be our year. 

Good luck to Clark Range if we do get to play. Glad to hear that about the Monday twins, I know they have a great coach too. Anyway it goes it looks like all 4 teams are class acts and have some great basketball players. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Harrison got an offer from University of Louisville over the weekend to add to her Murray State and MTSU offers already. The sky is the limit for this kid and I’m sure you will see/hear a lot more from her over the next 3 years. Martin’s middle school program is solid too and will keep adding solid additions each year. Westview will be back for years to come

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Harrison got an offer from University of Louisville over the weekend to add to her Murray State and MTSU offers already. The sky is the limit for this kid and I’m sure you will see/hear a lot more from her over the next 3 years. Martin’s middle school program is solid too and will keep adding solid additions each year. Westview will be back for years to come

Congrats to Harrison. That's a huge offer for a freshman from out area. They're typically top 5 year in and year out as of recent. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I was talking about A,  AA,  AAA teams. No doubt Ensworth is the best team in Tennessee. Macon County would beat all of the AAA teams in my opinion. I just think Greenfield would match up with Macon better than ClarkRange. I had heard at tournament Macon beat CR all three times. Greenfield would still have the two best players on the court playing Macon County in my opinion. I just hope we can finish the tournaments for our girls. This should be our year. 

Good luck to Clark Range if we do get to play. Glad to hear that about the Monday twins, I know they have a great coach too. Anyway it goes it looks like all 4 teams are class acts and have some great basketball players. 

Macon beat Clarkrange twice including the ultra rare win at Clarkrange.

Seems as if after watching Macon you have changed your mind and now think they are pretty darn good team. My dad said that Greenfield and Macon would probably split if they played twice. They are that close.

I have watched HS basketball for 30+ years and Macon is in the top 5 girls teams I have ever seen.

7 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

That's great! I thought she'd had that offer in her pocket for a while though.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, Khall555 said:

Which is also how Macon lost to Westmoreland. When Healthy Macon has been very fun to watch. They have won at both Upperman and Clarkrange (which I bet only 2 or 3 teams could do) 

You actually think Westview would beat Macon handily when everyone that has seen both teams all say Macon is better. 

saying is one thing homie... doing is another. and yes I firmly believe that.