Tournament restrictions starting Friday

ReitzFan

The TSSAA just released a statement saying that effective on Friday attendance at the girls and boys state tournament will be restricted. Only immediate family members of players and coaches will be allowed in the building along with certain administrators of each participating school. Fans and participants will only be allowed in the building during their particular ball game. Coaches will be allowed to stay for other games

Tournaments to continue with limited fan attendance due to COVID-19

March 12, 2020

Like many other athletic associations and leagues throughout the country, TSSAA has decided that the health and safety of our student-athletes and spectators alike require that we limit fan attendance at our girls’ and boys’ state basketball championships.

Beginning with the Friday March 13 session, attendance at the remainder of the girls’ state tournament and throughout the boys’ state tournament will be limited to the team party (23-person maximum including varsity players, coaches, and team support personnel), their immediate families, and school administrators of the qualifying schools. Immediate family includes parents, stepparents, guardians, siblings, other members living in the athlete’s household, and grandparents. School administrators will be required to provide a list of those persons meeting the qualifications for entry. School administrators will be at the entrance of each venue to identify and grant entry to those persons on the list. All those entering the venue will be required to obtain a new ticket. 

Anyone not on the approved list will not be allowed entry, even if the individual has a previously purchased ticket or pass. This restriction also includes non-varsity participants who are not in the 23-person team party, cheerleaders, mascots, and pep bands. With the exception of coaches, all other attendees may remain only for games in the class in which their team is participating. Members of the media with TSSAA issued credentials will be allowed entry.

The liberal media is ruining this country. They have created wide spread panic over the flu. They will try anything say anything to regain power and get Trump out of office.  This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of. In 6 months we will all look back and see how idiotic this was. It’s a scam put on by Democrats and their media counterparts. So y’all just keep listening the political hacks on CNN and MSDNC and they will ruin your lives!

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

This. Is. Just. So. Stupid.

Every single bit of it.

H1N1 was exponentially more contagious, and killed nearly 15K in America alone, and nobody cared. 

People in general cared, the media didn’t though. Why?

Because the Dems had the White House. 

18 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

The liberal media is ruining this country. They have created wide spread panic over the flu. They will try anything say anything to regain power and get Trump out of office.  This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of. In 6 months we will all look back and see how idiotic this was. It’s a scam put on by Democrats and their media counterparts. So y’all just keep listening the political hacks on CNN and MSDNC and they will ruin your lives!

The Overreacting is ridiculous. The Flu kills more people every year than this has infected. 

2 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

The Overreacting is ridiculous. The Flu kills more people every year than this has infected. 

Absolutely!  I thought this was a free country?  People better wake up and realize what the liberal media is trying to do here. If Obama was in office they wouldn’t be saying one word about this, definitely not to the extent they are now. It’s beyond stupid!

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Absolutely!  I thought this was a free country?  People better wake up and realize what the liberal media is trying to do here. If Obama was in office they wouldn’t be saying one word about this, definitely not to the extent they are now. It’s beyond stupid!

11 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Really what does this have to do with a particular party here we go this is suppose to be about sports no politics

9 minutes ago, 802Tomcat said:

Really what does this have to do with a particular party here we go this is suppose to be about sports no politics

35 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

This. Is. Just. So. Stupid.

Every single bit of it.

H1N1 was exponentially more contagious, and killed nearly 15K in America alone, and nobody cared. 

38 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

You must drink from the FOX News kool-aid. You make broad sweeping statements about complicated Medical / Health Science Issues that I doubt you have any real knowledge about. Spewing hate like you do does nothing but divide Americans.

I do pray you are right that we will look back on these days in six months and let out a sigh of relief. I want this all to work out without one more death. I just don't have enough facts to talk like an expert. I simply have put my faith in God and pray for his loving grace.

Believe in God.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1