Tournament restrictions starting Friday

ReitzFan

3 hours ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

The only one that doesn’t make any sense 

Let me rephrase that, Willie is the person who isn’t in fantasyland. BTW the covid 19 does exist and it’s not a plot against Trump. Despite what state tv aka Fox News has told you. That’s why Trump isn’t taking this mess seriously. 

Edited by mjuhb

Since there aren't any sports to talk about, I guess we can talk relevant issues... yes COVID-19 exists, and yes the libs are doing their dead level best to use it against President Trump. If this were a non election year, this would still be a newsworthy medical issue, but you can bet that the media wouldn't have overblown it to the point of shutting down the economy, ruining citizens retirement funds, and toilet paper and hand sanitizer on the shelves being as rare as a Tickle Me Elmo was at Christmas in 1996. This viral infection is very serious to the elderly and infirmed, but the death ratio is nowhere near the Spanish Flu epidemic in the early 1900's, which is still around in the H1N1 Flu strain. Truth is, otherwise healthy individuals not in their twilight years have contracted COVID-19 with symptoms ranging from sniffles and weariness to flu like, but it's not the "kiss of death" that everyone is portraying it to be... in fact, that's the primary reason that containing this virus is practically impossible, nobody has a clue how many carriers are going about their everyday lives unaware that they're infected and transmitting the disease.

Shelby County School System shut down this morning, and forced a panicked meeting of municipality systems within Shelby Co. (Collierville, Germantown, ect…) due to political pressures, in which someone not reacting like Chicken Little decided to consult with the Dpt. of Health,  who promptly and decidedly advised them not to follow suit... I wish that Childress had thought of consulting with health care professionals before caving in to the mass hysteria.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 1

Thank god, the First Amendment is protected by the US Constitution. Some of you would be shutting down newspapers, TV networks, social media sites, Doctors / Scientist trained in the area of Viral Medicine and anybody else you disagree with. I disagree with FOX News but I watch everyday. I even agree with some of their news reporting. FOX night time political opinion shows you have to check their facts before you can trust them. But they are right from time to time.

ALWAYS, Keep an open mind, realize you are human and can make mistakes BUT always trust in God and the US Constitution. 

Sorry if that makes no sense to you. 

I’m afraid some of these comments will not age well... I hope they do, but even Fox News has hosted experts that say this virus has a mortality rate 10 times that of the seasonal flu. Experts, not me, also say a person with seasonal flu usually infects 1.1 additional people, but with COVID-19 the infection rate grows to 2.5 people.  Estimates have been projected that 70-150 million people in the US could end up with the virus, with 20% of those cases being critical. That’s a scary number. 

Having no sports sucks, but if the above is a realistic estimate, this could be one of the biggest events of our lifetimes.  We’ll need to work as one team again, united, not split into teams of red and blue. 

As a son with parents in their 80s, I really hope this is a hoax...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

I’m afraid some of these comments will not age well... I hope they do, but even Fox News has hosted experts that say this virus has a mortality rate 10 times that of the seasonal flu. Experts, not me, also say a person with seasonal flu usually infects 1.1 additional people, but with COVID-19 the infection rate grows to 2.5 people.  Estimates have been projected that 70-150 million people in the US could end up with the virus, with 20% of those cases being critical. That’s a scary number. 

Having no sports sucks, but if the above is a realistic estimate, this could be one of the biggest events of our lifetimes.  We’ll need to work as one team again, united, not split into teams of red and blue. 

AIDS was not even close to this panic! It really is only elderly who should take severe precautions. Teens and younger have little chance of dying. 

ReedM@hcboe.net,
btrue12@hotmail.com,
david_meske@webbschool.org,
dgoodwin@dcawildcats.org,
grant.swallows@whitecoschools.net,
henry_steven@hcde.org,
jody.wright@knoxschools.org,
mcculloughgf@scsk12.org,
michel.sanchez@mnps.org,
ricky.catlett@chestercountyschools.org,
scottg@milanssd.org,
srussell@fayetteacademy.com

Above is the email for each member of the TSSAA board of control as well as the executive director, Mr. Childress. Please consider sending an email in support of moving the state tournament to a new location, allowing parents, players, and coaches only and FINISHING the tournament. The fact is the kids deserve the closure of playing the boys and girls state tournament out and seeing where they fall. If they don't finish it, they will always wonder what if. It will always be in their mind and never go away. I urge people, whether they have a team left of not, to please take the time to send a group email to the above emails and ask them to reconsider. 

Mr. Childress has said in an email to me that they will make a decision on tuesday on a conference call. PLEASE let them know that the kids should be allowed to finish and Tennessee should set the example for the rest of the country that we will not be pushed into a state of panic and fear!!

57 minutes ago, Play 4 Fun said:

ReedM@hcboe.net,
btrue12@hotmail.com,
david_meske@webbschool.org,
dgoodwin@dcawildcats.org,
grant.swallows@whitecoschools.net,
henry_steven@hcde.org,
jody.wright@knoxschools.org,
mcculloughgf@scsk12.org,
michel.sanchez@mnps.org,
ricky.catlett@chestercountyschools.org,
scottg@milanssd.org,
srussell@fayetteacademy.com

Above is the email for each member of the TSSAA board of control as well as the executive director, Mr. Childress. Please consider sending an email in support of moving the state tournament to a new location, allowing parents, players, and coaches only and FINISHING the tournament. The fact is the kids deserve the closure of playing the boys and girls state tournament out and seeing where they fall. If they don't finish it, they will always wonder what if. It will always be in their mind and never go away. I urge people, whether they have a team left of not, to please take the time to send a group email to the above emails and ask them to reconsider. 

Mr. Childress has said in an email to me that they will make a decision on tuesday on a conference call. PLEASE let them know that the kids should be allowed to finish and Tennessee should set the example for the rest of the country that we will not be pushed into a state of panic and fear!!

Everyone should also share this to Social Media. 

Edited by mas1821

18 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Amen for your entire post. Everybody including ME needs to read and reread this and think long and hard about it.