State Tournament Suspended

Commodorefan

53 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree completely! It's this weirdness of everything operating as normal in many places, but other things shut down due to mass panic. For instance, some bars are being shut down and others are wide open. Restaurants going halfway and opening to 50% of occupancy or less, some going to take-out/drive-thru only open and most others staying opening as normal! Some schools shut down and some open. Meanwhile, the CDC recommends not having gatherings of 50 or more people for the next two months, but makes exceptions for "schools, institutes of higher learning, and businesses"?! What in the world are we doing people?? Are we all-in or are we not? Somebody make a decision and quit this halfway, mediocre, so-so, random response! Soapbox complete :)

More schools are getting ready to shut down. Look for TSSAA to shut down spring sports tomorrow. Better play doubleheaders today.

1 hour ago, ecu said:

More schools are getting ready to shut down. Look for TSSAA to shut down spring sports tomorrow. Better play doubleheaders today.

Soooo.....is this something you are just speculating about, or have actual knowledge?  Reason why I say this is because their statement the other day saying it was individual schools/districts decision was one of the biggest BS / not my problem / pass the buck things I can recall ever seeing them do.

Edited by catsfever

With Gov. Lee calling for schools to close through the end of this month, I'd imagine the TSSAA will follow suit and at least suspend play through the end of the month. Most districts have a rule that says sports can't play if school is out of session for illness or weather. I already know a lot of schools are calling sports along with school.

Best case scenario, they get sports back going in April. However, I don't expect this to be the end of the closings. I look for spring sports to be done, and I look for the basketball tournaments to never get played. This will be the nail in the coffin for the 2019-20 sporting calendar.

Hate to see it, but the writing is on the wall.

34 minutes ago, catsfever said:

Soooo.....is this something you are just speculating about, or have actual knowledge?  Reason why I say this is because their statement the other day saying it was individual schools/districts decision was one of the biggest BS / not my problem / pass the buck things I can recall ever seeing them do.

We're in unprecedented times with unprecedented decisions being made. That statement the other day is now old news unfortunately, and things continue to go haywire with all the panic each day that continues to get worse. They will likely vote to cancel spring sports tomorrow, or, at the very least, until further notice. More than likely, this will put an end to sports for a long while. With the calendar so condensed in the spring anyway, there is no way it will pick back up, especially with there being no end in sight to all this chaos. What a time to be alive. So unfortunate in so many ways!

4 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree completely! It's this weirdness of everything operating as normal in many places, but other things shut down due to mass panic. Soapbox complete :)

I believe your post was correct except for the two words, " mass panic. " All the shut downs I have seen have come with a Memo explaining the Medical / Science reasons for the shut downs. These are not the action of " mass panic " but are thoughtful responses to what the experts are telling Americans to do.

I have noticed that the blame game has subsided on CoachT over the last several days. I take this as a sign we are starting to come together as Americans. trump, Obama nor the Media are to be blamed. I put all the blame on the virus. I believe in the coming months or years we will find out what actions we took that were helpful and what were misguided.

Again, I liked your post.

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

We're in unprecedented times with unprecedented decisions being made. That statement the other day is now old news unfortunately, and things continue to go haywire with all the panic each day that continues to get worse. They will likely vote to cancel spring sports tomorrow, or, at the very least, until further notice. More than likely, this will put an end to sports for a long while. With the calendar so condensed in the spring anyway, there is no way it will pick back up, especially with there being no end in sight to all this chaos. What a time to be alive. So unfortunate in so many ways!

Everything I have heard from schools shutting down means ALL activities are down. No practice or use of facilities. Agree this is probably the end of spring sports as the numbers increase with the virus. Fear and panic have set in.

25 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I believe your post was correct except for the two words, " mass panic. " All the shut downs I have seen have come with a Memo explaining the Medical / Science reasons for the shut downs. These are not the action of " mass panic " but are thoughtful responses to what the experts are telling Americans to do.

I have noticed that the blame game has subsided on CoachT over the last several days. I take this as a sign we are starting to come together as Americans. trump, Obama nor the Media are to be blamed. I put all the blame on the virus. I believe in the coming months or years we will find out what actions we took that were helpful and what were misguided.

Again, I liked your post.

The problem is some are following one set of rules and others are not, making this so chaotic! As for the mass panic, I’ve never seen this much panic in my entire lifetime, thus the term mass panic. People are scared and are absolutely freaked out! That’s just being honest. It is my opinion that we should all stay calm and follow the same rules everywhere. The panic is the virus in many cases! So frustrating.

58 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

The problem is some are following one set of rules and others are not, making this so chaotic! As for the mass panic, I’ve never seen this much panic in my entire lifetime, thus the term mass panic. People are scared and are absolutely freaked out! That’s just being honest. It is my opinion that we should all stay calm and follow the same rules everywhere. The panic is the virus in many cases! So frustrating.

Okay,  I understand your use of the term mass panic now. Your opinion is very valid.

• Like 1

Meanwhile it’s a banner season for the spring break capital “Florida”. Beaches are packed with thousands of people. Where is all the social distancing that’s supposed to be going on? Haha haha haha what a joke our Media has become. H1N1 killed 15000 it was way worse than this virus and there was no shut down then. What’s the difference?  Glad you asked!  The democrats controlled the White House!  Just wait and see people. This is the biggest hoax in modern day history. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Meanwhile it’s a banner season for the spring break capital “Florida”. Beaches are packed with thousands of people. Where is all the social distancing that’s supposed to be going on? Haha haha haha what a joke our Media has become. H1N1 killed 15000 it was way worse than this virus and there was no shut down then. What’s the difference?  Glad you asked!  The democrats controlled the White House!  Just wait and see people. This is the biggest hoax in modern day history. 

You are right in the way the media has covered this but the danger is in how fast it spreads. I would rather be cautious than careless. I don't like losing baseball and softball seasons but everyone should do whatever we have to stop the spread of this virus. Be smart!