State Tournament Suspended

Commodorefan

6 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I don't think I am totally in favor of this but I want to take the next step and give the players a Voice. What do I do to take the next step?

Sometimes you have to compromise to get some of what you want. I want the games played but I also don't want the Virus to sread.

Just now, Greenfieldfan said:

If you click on the writing above my picture then you can sign the petition. We are bumping 5000 signatures now.

I figured it out and have signed the petition. I was happy with the way it was worded and didn't blame people for things nobody can really control. Best of luck in your efforts and a big thank you. I finally think I have done something positive on this matter.

Best of luck to all Greenfield teams.

Just now, WillieTheWildcats said:

I figured it out and have signed the petition. I was happy with the way it was worded and didn't blame people for things nobody can really control. Best of luck in your efforts and a big thank you. I finally think I have done something positive on this matter.

Best of luck to all Greenfield teams.

Thank you, just hope we can finish this tournament for the girls on each team. They deserve it.

10 hours ago, gogold said:

I know a coach in the final 4 and this has not been mentioned.  

Maybe it was just a rumor. Sorry I got excited when I read it.

Now rant time:

What does stopping all sports, parks, concerts, movies, ect accomplish?

Everyone is Still going to Walmart, Kroger, Costco, Target now. I have seen video of lines over a mile long to get into a Costco.

Walmart was packed yesterday, and I was talking to a vendor and manager there the vendor said the local Kroger had broken it’s sales record on Thursday and then did it again on Friday. The Walmart manager said if they had not run out of a few items they would have beaten Thanksgiving/Black Friday for the past 2 days.

If those events are canceled to prevent people from gathering in places, why isn’t Walmart closing? That’s where everyone is going now.

Just reopen everything and let life go on this media driven panic is accomplishing nothing but fear which will eventually lead to violence.

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

Now rant time:

Everyone is Still going to Walmart, Kroger, Costco, Target now. I have seen video of lines over a mile long to get into a Costco.

Walmart was packed yesterday, and I was talking to a vendor and manager there the vendor said the local Kroger had broken it’s sales record on Thursday and then did it again on Friday. The Walmart manager said if they had not run out of a few items they would have beaten Thanksgiving/Black Friday for the past 2 days.

If those events are canceled to prevent people from gathering in places, why isn’t Walmart closing? That’s where everyone is going now.

Just reopen everything and let life go on this media driven panic is accomplishing nothing but fear which will eventually lead to violence.

I wish you were right and I understand your disappointment.  I'm right there with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Now rant time:

I respect and like your rant but disagree on two points.

1. This blame the media is misguided. Just because you hate the Message doesn't mean you should hate the Messenger. I will admit your negative view about the media is shared by many.

2. I have not made a run on a store yet. I have been praying it isn't needed. However, on Wednesday morning I plan on attacking  two stores for cleaning supplies and food supplies to last two weeks. After that, I will remain inside. My trip to the store is a one time deal and not repeated entry and exits from a basketball tournament. The two are not the same.

Again, I respect your rant. Just disagree a little.

Pray that the Oak Ridge Wildcats get to shine at State but in my mind they are already winners.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Now rant time:

It’s an interesting topic that’s relative to baseball/softball. If schools are going to suspend or cancel their baseball/softball seasons, then they shouldn’t be going to class. Pretty simple.

Also I agree with this, because major chain restaurants are not closing; as well as workout gyms, and shopping centers/malls. It’s weird.

22 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

It’s an interesting topic that’s relative to baseball/softball. If schools are going to suspend or cancel their baseball/softball seasons, then they shouldn’t be going to class. Pretty simple.

Also I agree with this, because major chain restaurants are not closing; as well as workout gyms, and shopping centers/malls. It’s weird.

Agree completely! It's this weirdness of everything operating as normal in many places, but other things shut down due to mass panic. For instance, some bars are being shut down and others are wide open. Restaurants going halfway and opening to 50% of occupancy or less, some going to take-out/drive-thru only open and most others staying opening as normal! Some schools shut down and some open. Meanwhile, the CDC recommends not having gatherings of 50 or more people for the next two months, but makes exceptions for "schools, institutes of higher learning, and businesses"?! What in the world are we doing people?? Are we all-in or are we not? Somebody make a decision and quit this halfway, mediocre, so-so, random response! Soapbox complete :)