State Basketball Tournament idea

bobcatfan300

I understand the need to suspend the tournament, but these kids have been striving for this for years. The seniors will be especially hurt. Why not find a neutral high school, make sure the gym is cleaned thoroughly and then take these 24 teams and let them play. Maybe even only the teams with no parents. Video the game and let the parents watch it live in the auditorium, or give each a DVD of the game. Broardcast it live. At least there could be a champion in A, AA and AAA. This would be safe and would save a lot of heartache. Sure it's not like playing in the Glass House, but the tournaments could be completed. 

On 3/13/2020 at 2:41 AM, bobcatfan300 said:

I understand the need to suspend the tournament, but these kids have been striving for this for years. The seniors will be especially hurt. Why not find a neutral high school, make sure the gym is cleaned thoroughly and then take these 24 teams and let them play. Maybe even only the teams with no parents. Video the game and let the parents watch it live in the auditorium, or give each a DVD of the game. Broardcast it live. At least there could be a champion in A, AA and AAA. This would be safe and would save a lot of heartache. Sure it's not like playing in the Glass House, but the tournaments could be completed. 

Not worth the liability that a host school and participating schools would incur.

Life lesson that sometimes things don't work out like you wanted them to.

I do hate it for all teams. Since this is very rare then maybe do something rare. Make all remaining teams co champions. If they are afraid to play it at least give the young men something for all their efforts. Stinks but we have 9 champions in football then why not..I am sure the TSSAA has the money for trophies for the schools. Not a perfect idea by any means at all but better than nothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Observation said:

I do hate it for all teams. Since this is very rare then maybe do something rare. Make all remaining teams co champions. If they are afraid to play it at least give the young men something for all their efforts. Stinks but we have 9 champions in football then why not..I am sure the TSSAA has the money for trophies for the schools. Not a perfect idea by any means at all but better than nothing.

So everyone gets a trophy?? No thanks.

The right thing to do is declare no champion for the 2020 year.