TSSAA needs to give shared titles to teams

pioneer42

4 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield wants to play not share a trophy. 

Then you will not get a trophy period because they are not going to play these games. I hope I am wrong but I have done talked to some people in the know and it is not good. GC are the reigning champs and will defend that title for another year, I don’t particularly like shared championships either but at least your team is recognized for still being in it and not getting knocked out. Got a feeling y’all better start trophy hunting because they are not playing these games.

Edited by pioneer42

39 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield wants to play not share a trophy. 

Macon has to share a Trophy with a team it beat 4 times and blew out twice and really the only close game was the 4th game. Macon broke a 50+ games home win streak at Upperman and another long one at Clarkrange 40+ and get nothing but a worthless last 4 banner they have to share.

Nolensville and Westview have not lost to a class AA team this season

Greenfield has to share it with 2 teams it beat. They are undefeated and have barely been challenged.

Clarkrange lost 3 games to AA Macon and @ AAA Stone Memorial. 

Whitehaven has to share with a team it beat.

Macon and Greenfield should be awarded the championship since they have the best record and have been ranked #1 practically all year. But I can see the argument that someone else is better. 

What are they going to do let each school display the Gold ball for 3 months and pass it on the the next for 3 months?

Boys is worse as there are 24 teams left playing. 

Edited by Khall555

9 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Macon has to share a Trophy with a team it beat 4 times and blew out twice and really the only close game was the 4th game. Macon broke a 50+ games home win streak at Upperman and another long one at Clarkrange 40+ and get nothing but a worthless last 4 banner they have to share.

Nolensville and Westview have not lost to a class AA team this season

Greenfield has to share it with 2 teams it beat. They are undefeated and have barely been challenged.

Clarkrange lost 3 games to AA Macon and @ AAA Stone Memorial. 

Whitehaven has to share with a team it beat.

Macon and Greenfield should be awarded the championship since they have the best record and have been ranked #1 practically all year. But I can see the argument that someone else is better. 

What are they going to do let each school display the Gold ball for 3 months and pass it on the the next for 3 months?

Boys is worse as there are 24 teams left playing. 

GC has three Gold Balls and a Silver and will still be reigning champs for another year. I just suggested it for the kids to be recognized to get some closure and already looking at plan B. I have a family member that is devastated and would rather play and lose than do this but don’t think it will happen.

19 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

if the games aren’t finished. Schools and fans spent a ton of money to get there with hotels, food, gas, lost vacation days, etc....tens of thousands of dollars lost that is against tight budgets not to mention ruining senior years for this. NCAA is stepping to the plate and granting extra years of eligibility to some of these sports. These HS kids deserve something and closure since the TSSAA is liable for the losses incurred. It is time for the TSSAA to step up to the plate.

So, would there be 24 state champs for the guys? 3 classes x 8 teams still left? 
It’s really just a no-win situation... literally 

Edited by FootballFan51

1 minute ago, FootballFan51 said:

So, would there be 24 state champs for the guys? 3 classes x 8 teams still left? 

Girls have tens of thousands of dollars invested in this tournament and have a monetary interest in it and had their chains jerked around for 2 days. I personally don’t see them playing it and feel they deserve to be recognized. 

29 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

GC has three Gold Balls and a Silver and will still be reigning champs for another year. I just suggested it for the kids to be recognized to get some closure and already looking at plan B. I have a family member that is devastated and would rather play and lose than do this but don’t think it will happen.

Macon has zero Gold balls and 3 silver (2 of them were on last second shots and heartbreaking losses) the last time they were this good was when there wasn’t a state tournament/championship and they had a couple of undefeated seasons with Hall of Famer Nera White. They had one chance at it and now it’s gone. They will never get back to this point again. If they chocked it would have been bad but this is worse as they will never know if they could have broken the curse. This is the equivalent of the 2016 Cubs having game 6 of the World Series canceled.  

Edited by Khall555

5 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

That’s not the answer. We just want to play. Macon County and Greenfield are together we have one chance and that’s this year. We will never have a team like we have this year every again. 

Call Gene Menees at TSSAA or Childress tomm. and fight for it. All you can do at this point. Signatures and petitions are great but I personally think conversation is better.

3 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Macon has zero Gold balls and 3 silver (2 of them were on last second shots) the last time they were this good was when there wasn’t a state tournament/championship and they had a couple of undefeated seasons with Hall of Famer Nera White. They had one chance at it and now it’s gone. They will never get back to this point again. If they chocked it would have been bad but this is worse as they will never know if they could have broken the curse. This is the equivalent of the 2016 Cubs having game 6 of the World Series canceled.  

Macon County has a great tradition. I seen all three of your silver balls. McMinn Central game, CPA game and Upperman game. Upperman game had to hurt the most. Coach not getting a technical for Upperman at the end might have been the worse call at the state ever after Levy got called for a foul at the buzzer.

• Like 1