TSSAA needs to give shared titles to teams

pioneer42

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I agree. I think It should be played out. And hope it does. I just Have been responding to the fact that the title is GIVE. I think It is a joke. Figure out a way and let the girls play. But maybe some fans want it given because they were not even gonna make it to the title game period. 

You act like this is what we asked for. TSSAA needs to figure out a way and let us play. 

Just now, pioneer42 said:

You act like this is what we asked for. TSSAA needs to figure out a way and let us play. 

No you did not ask for it. But you can help the kids move past and grow from the situation. Especially if it can’t be played. But no they should not give a trophy to everyone. That is what this thread is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

No you did not ask for it. But you can help the kids move past and grow from the situation. Especially if it can’t be played. But no they should not give a trophy to everyone. That is what this thread is. 

You got your opinion and I can live with that. Still in shock at the moment that this happend.

8 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

And I am Really sorry. 

I feel bad for Greenfield, Loretto, Clarkrange, Macon County..... all involved. It was awful when fans found out Thursday morning they were getting kicked out if their teams won.

Edited by pioneer42

19 minutes ago, SJF said:

It’s over let it go. No gold or silver ball for anyone this year. Folks there are lots more important things out there. I think that there are more adults butt hurt by the tourney not finishing than the actual players. 

No, just mad because it's an overreaction that cost me only a little entertainment (which I will easily move on from), but prevented a lot of great kids from the opportunity to finish something that they've striven for and believed in for a huge portion of their lives. I think that you are underestimating the time and effort invested by the kids, and the value placed upon achieving their ultimate goal.

30 minutes ago, SJF said:

It’s over let it go. No gold or silver ball for anyone this year. Folks there are lots more important things out there. I think that there are more adults butt hurt by the tourney not finishing than the actual players. 

I disagree.  I don’t have a dog in the hunt.  The team I support was fortunate to finish last Saturday and brought home a gold ball.  Those girls from Greenfield, Loretto, GC and Clarkrange want to play!  I promise you that!  I really feel for those Seniors on those teams.  I think the family members of those girls are hurting because they know how hard they have worked and this is their last chance.  If my son was in this situation I would be hurting for him not me and I think that’s how most of the adults feel.  I truly believe this can be resolved if level heads will just be open to ideas!

Edited by Intense

2 minutes ago, Intense said:

I disagree.  I don’t have a dog in the hunt.  The team I support was fortunate to finish last Saturday and brought home a gold ball.  Those girls from Greenfield, Loretta, GC and Clarkrange want to play!  I promise you that!  I really feel for those Seniors on those teams.  I think the family members of those girls are hurting because they know how hard they have worked and this is their last chance.  If my son was in this situation I would be hurting for him not me and I think that’s how most of the adults feel.  I truly believe this can be resolved if level heads will just be open to ideas!

Bingo!! We have a winner!!

This thread is only about Greenfield and Gibson County, just some selfish people that would rather put their children's life at risk over a stupid trophy, it would be sad for someone from those two areas to catch Covid 19 and pass away because they where selfish and wanted to play a game to just make a point, you all are sad indeviduals and really should be a shamed of yourselves for thinking this way.

8 minutes ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

This thread is only about Greenfield and Gibson County, just some selfish people that would rather put their children's life at risk over a stupid trophy, it would be sad for someone from those two areas to catch Covid 19 and pass away because they where selfish and wanted to play a game to just make a point, you all are sad indeviduals and really should be a shamed of yourselves for thinking this way.

:popcorneater:

20 minutes ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

You obviously didn’t read my post!  I’m not a Greenfield or GC fan although I would pull for them if they made it to the finals because they are from West Tn.  Go back and read my post. These girls want to play and if there’s a way to get proper testing done ahead of time and only allow family to attend then this could work itself out.  Everyone is concerned about health and safety and if proper precautions are in place it might work out.  There’s nothing selfish about wanting kids to be able to play for their dreams.  Yes, you have to be sensible but we also don’t need to overlook potential options as well.  

Edited by Intense

20 minutes ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

Liberal