TSSAA needs to give shared titles to teams

pioneer42

1 hour ago, District12AA said:

That is absolutely nonsense.

So the NCAA is handing out championships to all their member schools. Everyone gets a trophy huh??

It's unfortunate but there will be no state champions in basketball this year besides DII.

NCAA is taking care of the seniors with an extra year of eligibility Know it is not possible for an extra year in HS, but TSSAA needs to step up and take care of the ones still standing. They have already caused enough monetary losses for the schools, players, coaches and fans. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

NCAA is taking care of the seniors with an extra year of eligibility Know it is not possible for an extra year in HS, but TSSAA needs to step up and take care of the ones still standing. They have already caused enough monetary losses for the schools, players, coaches and fans. 

The year of eligibility only applies for the spring sports and after so your logic is flawed. As of right now,  all we can do is wait a couple weeks and see if the virus spreads more which is very possible after reading some of these comments on this site! If they can somehow get it under control before graduation I think they should give them a week of practice and play it out. 

7 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

The year of eligibility only applies for the spring sports and after so your logic is flawed. As of right now,  all we can do is wait a couple weeks and see if the virus spreads more which is very possible after reading some of these comments on this site! If they can somehow get it under control before graduation I think they should give them a week of practice and play it out. 

It would be nice to do that. I hadn’t heard any thing about waiting a couple of weeks. I heard meeting was Tuesday and rumor is not good. It only makes sense to wait a while. Why wouldn’t they wait a while to see what happens?

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

The NCAA is stepping up to the plate and giving extra years eligibility. TSSAA needs to take care of the teams left. My family spent about $1300.00 on the trip not counting losing money from not working because I work for myself. No telling what the total number would be with all fans and teams. A whole lot!!

The TSSAA is not going to reimburse you or any other for money spent traveling to the state tournament. Get real.

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Just saying the NCAA is stepping up to the plate and TSSAA needs to as well by granting these girls shared titles if they don’t play. Not to hard to do that. Time for them to step up to the plate.

If the tournament is not resumed, the TSSAA will not just award for gold balls per class. It is just plain silly to even suggest such a thing. Life is not fair sometimes. You need to learn to deal with it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

If the tournament is not resumed, the TSSAA will not just award for gold balls per class. It is just plain silly to even suggest such a thing. Life is not fair sometimes. You need to learn to deal with it.

Think it was silly to play the D-2 Tournament last weekend. Don’t come in this thread like you did all your D-2 threads looking for a fight, because I will take you up on it. You always bringing it on the internet. 

Edited by pioneer42

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

So the TSSAA caused this?? 

Someone needs to learn to deal with adversity. It happens, it is life. Sometimes life stinks but you move on. If the the worst thing that happens put of all of this is there are no 2020 basketball champions then we will be okay.

25 minutes ago, District12AA said:

So the TSSAA caused this?? 

Someone needs to learn to deal with adversity. It happens, it is life. Sometimes life stinks but you move on. If the the worst thing that happens put of all of this is there are no 2020 basketball champions then we will be okay.

This was the Macon girls’ only shot at ever winning a State Championship after losing on a last second shot in OT in 2018 and they will never get this chance again. They have been the #1 team all year and beat everyone they played. If they had lost to Nolensville/Upperman/Westview it would have been better than this. They get nothing for all that work they put in. No Trophy again this year 

53 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

This was the Macon girls’ only shot at ever winning a State Championship after losing on a last second shot in OT in 2018 and they will never get this chance again. They have been the #1 team all year and beat everyone they played. If they had lost to Nolensville/Upperman/Westview it would have been better than this. They get nothing for all that work they put in. No Trophy again this year 

I feel your pain, Greenfield is in same scenario. This was our year to try and win it all but we will never have a team like this one this year. 34-0 with two Miss Basketball nominees that are seniors now. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

2 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Reason I say you we need to push shared champions because these girls and coaches and fans have a vested interest in the tournament  Talked to reps from some of the teams left and each one of them think like I do if they don’t play and I don’t think it will happen. The only people who don’t like the idea are the ones that got put out or people not involved. I am still fighting for my Lady Pioneers and will until the end!!

Edited by pioneer42