FANLESS HIGH SCHOOL GAMES

• 2 months later...

I do not think that fanless games are feasible.  Need fans to pay officials, buy equipment, pay for security (to keep people out). Football gates pay for uniforms, helmets, shoulder pads, etc. No fans means no concessions.  Concessions profits usually help fund football or other sports. Football without fans is an losing economic proposition.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Joyful94 said:

I do not think that fanless games are feasible.  Need fans to pay officials, buy equipment, pay for security (to keep people out). Football gates pay for uniforms, helmets, shoulder pads, etc. No fans means no concessions.  Concessions profits usually help fund football or other sports. Football without fans is an losing economic proposition.

Well said!

12 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Will the SCAMdemic interrupt high school football this fall?

So you think it's a scam? 40,OOO more deaths in 4 1/2 months than the whole 10 years of the Viet Nam war. I know 3 people who have had it, 2 died and the other said he was so sick he wanted to die. Calling it a scam might be just a little over the top.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChineseFlu said:

I have heard talk about pay for streaming of course there will be no concessions if that happens

A NFHS streaming subscription  cost $70 per year. 50% of that money goes to the NFHS. So only $35 goes to the school per subscription (that the whole family can watch) goes to the school. Thats not alot of income for schools when compared to an entire family purchasing tickets for the games over the course of the season.

Edited by Joyful94

3 hours ago, Joyful94 said:

A NFHS streaming subscription  cost $70 per year. 50% of that money goes to the NFHS. So only $35 goes to the school per subscription (that the whole family can watch) goes to the school. Thats not alot of income for schools when compared to an entire family purchasing tickets for the games over the course of the season.

Also, some people aren’t going to pay for subscription when they know their WiFi is shaky...

8 hours ago, Joyful94 said:

A NFHS streaming subscription  cost $70 per year. 50% of that money goes to the NFHS. So only $35 goes to the school per subscription (that the whole family can watch) goes to the school. Thats not alot of income for schools when compared to an entire family purchasing tickets for the games over the course of the 

YouTube live or Facebook live would work, but I'd personally dislike to see my team played on the tube if I didnt have too. Alot of people just wouldn't watch if they weren't die hard fans or have a kid that plays. I think if that's the route any school system goes they will watch it fail financially. That burden would prove to be too costly in the end. Refs have to be paid still. TSSAA would still require a % wether a team had fans or not. Keeping a program going isnt cheap.

• Like 1