Happy Valley 2020

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Good to see Carter County let these boys get back to work. I have heard from folks in the know that the TSSAA has basically said there will be football because they would go under financially without it. Hopefully it starts on schedule. Looking forward to this season !

How your boys looking this year?

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeti I have yet to catch a practice but I hope to soon. I'm curious what our numbers are as far as turnout. I'm cautiously optimistic about this year coming up because we bring alot back upfront and return the QB and RB. What are the early predictions for top 3 teams in R2?

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Yeti I have yet to catch a practice but I hope to soon. I'm curious what our numbers are as far as turnout. I'm cautiously optimistic about this year coming up because we bring alot back upfront and return the QB and RB. What are the early predictions for top 3 teams in R2?

Rockwood returns 16 kids but lose the best QB they have had in a long while a 4 year starter. Oneida lost most of their team the way I understand it. They return 6 players.

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Good to see Carter County let these boys get back to work. I have heard from folks in the know that the TSSAA has basically said there will be football because they would go under financially without it. Hopefully it starts on schedule. Looking forward to this season !

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

With the way these practices are set up by the TSSAA, it'd be impossible to see what a team really has.....This is more like duck-duck-goose! The teams that come out on all cylinders and have their act together will be the teams that disregarded the new practice rules 

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

With the way these practices are set up by the TSSAA, it'd be impossible to see what a team really has.....This is more like duck-duck-goose! The teams that come out on all cylinders and have their act together will be the teams that disregarded the new practice rules 

Would be hard to get away with it nowadays. Too many readily available cameras with phones etc. 

I could tell pretty much how good Meigs was gonna be after first scrimmage last year. This is what I said after our scrimmage against Loudon last year. 

Imthayeti

I'm not sure what the final score was, but if someone called it 7-4 Loudon I wouldn't dispute it. Meigs had flashes of greatness running the ball and our run defense looked really good. Our passing offense looked suspect somewhat. We had 2 interceptions, one of which was a pick 6. We just aren't hitting on all cylinders yet which is evident from preseason and some inexperience on the field. 

Final analysis for Meigs after scrimmage 01 this team could easily be better than last years team with some reps. We field some great talent just missed  a few assignments from what I saw is what hindered us from doing well on all fronts be it blocking, running routes or coverage. all of which that can be adjusted.

We seem to field better athletes than last year.  Our defense was getting to the ball quick on a run play which was nice to see I could see our run defense this year being easily better than last years defense. I dont see alot of teams running up alot of yards against us. Our pass defense was a little suspect. Loudon managed most of their positive plays on passing plays against us on the starters. Something that will have to be adjusted before we can be a top team again. We have the athletes to do it easily, we just didnt get it done this scrimmage. Offensively our run game looked really good for the most part we were getting decent gains every play unless someone missed an assignment and was hit in the backfield. Our qb wasnt allowed to run the ball so saying we were handled is really questionable considering we had a handicap. Not taking anything away from Loudon they were a much better Loudon team then the one we scrimmaged last year. I could easily see them battling Red Bank for first spot this year barring injuries.

Thank you, good day!

Edited August 3, 2019 by Imthayeti

----------------------------------------------------------------

I can normally gauge a team pretty good after a scrimmage. Loudon played and beat Redbank twice last year and won region. Loudon was eventually put out by soon to be Champion Alcoa. Meigs ended up with 3000 yards shared rushing. 

4 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Looks like we are in groups of 9 plus 1 coach in the group and it will be like that til after the dead period atleast. I hear some of these restrictions will ease off after the dead period. 

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Rockwood might be the #2 team in the region if Oneida lost all that 

I'm not sure how it will work out. It's not a given that Meigs will win region this year albeit I think we have a really good shot. Oneida nearly always and Rockwood most of the time field some good teams. I would probably give us a nod though since we have both of them at home. But it's definitely not a given considering we graduated some great talent. We will see what we reload with.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...