Any Coaches..........,

Lost Old Dad

Staying in touch with their players?

How about calling them to let them know they are still considered part of a TEAM!  While they have to remain isolated there is things they could be doing.  How about lifting weights?  Does not have to be commercial weights.  It can be something as simple as say 500 reps of lifting a gallon of water in one of those empty bleach bottles.

How about a one or two mile run a day.  How about a second one with your school backpack with a few books or a 25 pound bag of sand or dirt in it?

Thing is there IS things players and Coaches can be doing during this time besides sitting on their......ah........tails and watching re-run after re-runs of Harry Potter!

Coaches even if you haven't called your players, have you even talked to your staff?!?!

Success comes from prior planning and hard work NOW!

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Staying in touch with their players?

How about calling them to let them know they are still considered part of a TEAM!  While they have to remain isolated there is things they could be doing.  How about lifting weights?  Does not have to be commercial weights.  It can be something as simple as say 500 reps of lifting a gallon of water in one of those empty bleach bottles.

How about a one or two mile run a day.  How about a second one with your school backpack with a few books or a 25 pound bag of sand or dirt in it?

Thing is there IS things players and Coaches can be doing during this time besides sitting on their......ah........tails and watching re-run after re-runs of Harry Potter!

Coaches even if you haven't called your players, have you even talked to your staff?!?!

Success comes from prior planning and hard work NOW!

I am a “coach”. Not necessarily in football but in another “sport”. I have contacted all of my kids and let them know what they need to be doing school wise but also just to check on them. So many parents are losing their jobs and people can’t find the food and supplies they need. I told all of them that if they need anything from me, no matter how big or small, I am just a phone call or text away. 

46 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I am a “coach”. Not necessarily in football but in another “sport”. I have contacted all of my kids and let them know what they need to be doing school wise but also just to check on them. So many parents are losing their jobs and people can’t find the food and supplies they need. I told all of them that if they need anything from me, no matter how big or small, I am just a phone call or text away. 

Very Good Coach and Thank You.

BTW you sound like a very good friend of mine from Milan named Orman.  I know you are not him as he lives here in the Boro and is retired. 

I worry that some Coaches today do NOT know their players phone numbers, much less anything about them.

10 minutes ago, MLREB said:

I know one coaching staff that is in touch with their position players almost daily....

It needs to be the WHOLE team and not just selected ones as the kids do talk and if one is called and not others you have screwed up.  That is good and that Coaching staff needs to be congratulated and told Thank You for it.

The whole reason I started this thread was to promote communication between real human beings during this time when depression can hit hard on both kids and adults.

Also to provide 'suggestions' for the betterment of both kids and staff.

Besides it will get all of us off our ah......tails and thinking during this time of no sports.

Edited by Lost Old Dad

39 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

It needs to be the WHOLE team and not just selected ones as the kids do talk and if one is called and not others you have screwed up.  That is good and that Coaching staff needs to be congratulated and told Thank You for it.

The whole reason I started this thread was to promote communication between real human beings during this time when depression can hit hard on both kids and adults.

Also to provide 'suggestions' for the betterment of both kids and staff.

Besides it will get all of us off our ah......tails and thinking during this time of no sports.

Possibly that went over your head....or I didn’t define it very well. Every player on the team is a member of one of the positions represented. Their position coaches are in contact with all that are in that group almost daily. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Very Good Coach and Thank You.

BTW you sound like a very good friend of mine from Milan named Orman.  I know you are not him as he lives here in the Boro and is retired. 

I worry that some Coaches today do NOT know their players phone numbers, much less anything about them.

Thanks for the kind words. 

• Members
  • 239 posts

LOD, I know Anderson County and several other programs have used their social media sites to post body weight exercises, and lifting programs for their players .   The strength coach post new lifts each day.  I have seen them post several threads as well where they are communicating through the Maverick team apps to give instruction, videos, and encouragement to the team.   The players have responded well with video posts of their lifts and conditioning.  I have heard the coaches are zoom meeting as well, and contacting their coaching connections to learn as much as they can as well as sending out Hudl links for our kids.  You are correct in that this is a time to be working.  Let's all keep praying that this thing goes away quick , (April 27), so that we can get spring ball in.  

On 3/26/2020 at 7:59 PM, MLREB said:

Possibly that went over your head....or I didn’t define it very well. Every player on the team is a member of one of the positions represented. Their position coaches are in contact with all that are in that group almost daily. 

You act like you have some insider information.

CollegeFootballAnimV4.gif

Sorry can't keep a straight face.

Edited by Red Rebels