Milan New Stadium

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I like stadiums without tracks. The "new" model of track/stadium reminds me of the cookie cutter 1.5 mile NASCAR tracks. One of the newer Knox County stadiums has a track and then a walkway as wide as the track around their field. The visitor stands are real low. It's not a good view. I like how Mount Juliet and Spartanburg (SC) built their new stadiums without tracks.

Mount Juliet Stadium

MJstadium.jpg

Spartanburg

Spartanburg-Cover.jpg 

It's good to see planners thinking outside of the box for these new stadiums. We like our little old 100 year old stadium without a track. You can hear everything the opposing fan base is saying and they can hear you. 

The football fan in me agrees with you. I would rather not have the track when watching a game. The educator in me wants the track cause it provides more opportunities for the kids. One thing is certain. It will be a big and impressive facility when complete. 

12 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Drove by the new stadium yesterday. First, It is going to be really nice when completed. Milan will really have a place to be proud of. Second, You are going to need an oxygen tank and climbing gear to get to the press box! The home bleachers go straight up! 

I like it that way. Very different from what it was. Every seat will have a great view. 

On 6/22/2020 at 7:04 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I like it that way. Very different from what it was. Every seat will have a great view. 

I hate to admit it but Milan has an done an outstanding job on this new facility. Fans should be proud. Yall gonna love the turf, it's so much better than grass. Footing great even in a rainstorm.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I hate to admit it but Milan has an done an outstanding job on this new facility. Fans should be proud. Yall gonna love the turf, it's so much better than grass. Footing great even in a rainstorm.

Went by the stadium yesterday and they were putting up the visitors stands. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting close.