Milan New Stadium

29 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think it is a great feather in our community’s cap to have a stadium like we do. To have other teams from around the state want to come and play games here speak volumes. Just my opinion but I think Dyersburg has the nicest stadium in West TN (not counting Memphis). They have larger visitor seating than we do and a Jumbotron. But after them I think ours is 2nd best. Glad the kids got this. Much needed for our community. 

Glad to see football get a fighting chance to play this year and I know you'll look forward to watching your team play on the field that has been long overdue. Congrats to Milan on their great stadium and field renovations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Glad to see football get a fighting chance to play this year and I know you'll look forward to watching your team play on the field that has been long overdue. Congrats to Milan on their great stadium and field renovations.

I know I give you a hard time sometime (and probably still will lol) but thanks Barney. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I know I give you a hard time sometime (and probably still will lol) but thanks Barney. 

Even though Maryville High has grown like Johnson Grass the past thirty years I was there when we were the same size as Milan and still have great respect for you guys and I do miss those days because it seemed more fun back then. Every year different teams won and you could never figure out who would win it all until the game was played. Today you could go on ahead and send the state championship trophies right on out before the first whistle is blown. A lot has changed over the years I still have a hard time believing but I haven't forgotten the Milan Bulldogs of 1971 and 1977. I was setting in the stands that cold night at Alcoa in a doubleheader state championship in 77 and never will forget it. If I'm not mistaken that game may be on YouTube

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Even though Maryville High has grown like Johnson Grass the past thirty years I was there when we were the same size as Milan and still have great respect for you guys and I do miss those days because it seemed more fun back then. Every year different teams won and you could never figure out who would win it all until the game was played. Today you could go on ahead and send the state championship trophies right on out before the first whistle is blown. A lot has changed over the years I still have a hard time believing but I haven't forgotten the Milan Bulldogs of 1971 and 1977. I was setting in the stands that cold night at Alcoa in a doubleheader state championship in 77 and never will forget it. If I'm not mistaken that game may be on YouTube

I have seen it on YouTube before. Proud to say Milan is undefeated all time vs Maryville. :)  (1-0)

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have seen it on YouTube before. Proud to say Milan is undefeated all time vs Maryville. :)  (1-0)

And that my friend is why Milan has my respect. We really should of been playing them in 71 and a silly mistake was made against Kingston in the playoff game and cost us the game. I've seen bits and parts of that one also on film but knew exactly who Milan was.

14 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

And that my friend is why Milan has my respect. We really should of been playing them in 71 and a silly mistake was made against Kingston in the playoff game and cost us the game. I've seen bits and parts of that one also on film but knew exactly who Milan was.

You know over here on this side of the state we are pretty much the most tradition rich program. 4 gold balls and 5 silver. But nothing compared to the two Blount Co. powers.