2020 Football Season (Emergency Coronavirus Plan): Hypothetical

BoardHater71

7 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

COVID-19 EMERGENCY PLAN FOR THE 2020 SEASON

August 7                                               Preseason Week 1 (Shells)          

August 14                                            Preseason Week 2

August 21                                            Preseason Week 3

August 28                                            Preseason Week 4

September 4                                      Week 1

September 11                                    Week 2

September 18                                    Week 3

September 25                                    Week 4

October 2                                            Week 5

October 9                                            Week 6

October 16                                          Week 7

October 23                                          Week 8

October 30                                          Week 9

November 6                                       Week 10

November 13                                     Week 11

November 20                                     First Round

November 27                                     Second Round

December 4                                        Quarterfinals

December 11                                     Semifinals

December 17, 18, 19                        Blue Cross Bowl Games

Probably what will happen. Next year should be a year to toy with different ideas on when the season needs to start IMO

I think we owe it to every red blooded American to put teams on the field and decisions of spectators left up to them. Thank the Lord Above our forefathers aren’t as soft as we are or we would be under English rule or after Pearl Harbor would be making Nike’s. On the other hand I do like a little squid sushi. 

There will be a season. Just like the basketball state championships could’ve been played.. mostly the girls could’ve. That’ll get some ppl mad, but it’s the truth. Could’ve done like some states and moved everything up but no money’s too important 

Edited by Goldenpride
  • Like 1

I say open back up the economy now. This virus just isn't as big of a deal (especially for kids) everyone thought it would be. According to the numbers from the CDC 14 people from the ages 5-25 have died from this. I'm sure more have choked to death in that time. Open everything back up to normal if you're scared you stay home. Sounds like a plan to me. 

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I say open back up the economy now. This virus just isn't as big of a deal (especially for kids) everyone thought it would be. According to the numbers from the CDC 14 people from the ages 5-25 have died from this. I'm sure more have choked to death in that time. Open everything back up to normal if you're scared you stay home. Sounds like a plan to me. 

Dude you are spot on I am a 44 year old 315 lb fat boy ,two heart attacks and type 1 diabetic ,but guess what Iam in my 9 th day of quarantine from Covid 19 , I've had a cough ,fever and some chest discomfort,they called me 5 days ago cause health dept checks on me daily and told me to sleep on stomach,already did that anyway and unless the Rona Body slams me in next day or two I should be over it... I wont pretend to know why it was overhyped but remeber flu kills tens of thousands yearly,go figure...Also 3 people  at my work had it and have never had a symptom other than cough and 101 fever..

Edited by PeabodyPride

12 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Not trying to sway anyone's opinion just providing food for thought

Well its kind of a big deal if you break down a couple of data points.  People will latch onto the idea that the flu kills more people in a year than the COVID-19 virus does.  Well  statistically since we don't have years of data to project COVID-19 numbers lets project on what we do know. Seasonal flu kills 1 in 1,000 people where as current data on COVID-19 is estimated to kill 10 in 1,000.  So COVID-19 is deadlier than the Flu as of right now.  The Flu death rate is 0.01% but COVID-19 death rate in the US is about 1.5% (8.4% in Italy but they play that brand of football where they frown on using your hands on the ball so lets stick to the US numbers)  According to the CDC numbers reported from 2/1/2020 to 4/11/2020 there have been 5,228 Flu deaths and 13,130 COVID-19 deaths.

COVID-19 is also more infectious than the flu.  With the flu the average person will infect about 1.3 persons whereas with COVID-19 that number is around 2.25 people.  As an individual it doesn't seem like a big difference but over a 90 day period that one person by spreading the infection ends up infecting 2,184,164 people.  That same scenario with COVID-19 infects just short of 4,000,000 people.  On 22/01/2020 the CDC reported 1 COVID-19 case in the US, and as of 18/04/2020 there were 720,630  cases and every day is more than the day reported before.

The most alarming part to me about the COVID-19 virus is that it is reported to initially be an animal virus and at some point last year mutated and was passed by animal to a human where it mutated again and is now passed person to person.  This evolution through natural selection could prove to be difficult to get ahead of initially but like so many other virus outbreaks only time will prove if we acted appropriately.

Just for Context here are some US Virus events for comparison.  Remember 1 reported case in January this year and we have 13,130 in about 3 months 

1793 Yellow Fever between August 1 and November 9.approximatley 5,000 deaths
1906-1907  Typhoid fever approximately 10,771 deaths
1918-1920 Spanish Flu approximately 675,000 deaths (BTW it wasn't until 1942 that we developed a vaccine)  “mother of all pandemics” "Life in much of America came to a standstill in October 1918 as municipalities shuttered public gathering places such as schools, churches, theaters and saloons"
1921-1925 Diphtheria approximately 15,520 deaths
1916-1955 Polio approximately 3,145 deaths
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

YES SIR!!!OPEN it!Completely ridiculous at this point.

6 hours ago, LTCB said:

Well its kind of a big deal if you break down a couple of data points.  People will latch onto the idea that the flu kills more people in a year than the COVID-19 virus does.  Well  statistically since we don't have years of data to project COVID-19 numbers lets project on what we do know. Seasonal flu kills 1 in 1,000 people where as current data on COVID-19 is estimated to kill 10 in 1,000.  So COVID-19 is deadlier than the Flu as of right now.  The Flu death rate is 0.01% but COVID-19 death rate in the US is about 1.5% (8.4% in Italy but they play that brand of football where they frown on using your hands on the ball so lets stick to the US numbers)  According to the CDC numbers reported from 2/1/2020 to 4/11/2020 there have been 5,228 Flu deaths and 13,130 COVID-19 deaths.

COVID-19 is also more infectious than the flu.  With the flu the average person will infect about 1.3 persons whereas with COVID-19 that number is around 2.25 people.  As an individual it doesn't seem like a big difference but over a 90 day period that one person by spreading the infection ends up infecting 2,184,164 people.  That same scenario with COVID-19 infects just short of 4,000,000 people.  On 22/01/2020 the CDC reported 1 COVID-19 case in the US, and as of 18/04/2020 there were 720,630  cases and every day is more than the day reported before.

The most alarming part to me about the COVID-19 virus is that it is reported to initially be an animal virus and at some point last year mutated and was passed by animal to a human where it mutated again and is now passed person to person.  This evolution through natural selection could prove to be difficult to get ahead of initially but like so many other virus outbreaks only time will prove if we acted appropriately.

Just for Context here are some US Virus events for comparison.  Remember 1 reported case in January this year and we have 13,130 in about 3 months 

1918-1920 Spanish Flu approximately 675,000 deaths (BTW it wasn't until 1942 that we developed a vaccine)  “mother of all pandemics” "Life in much of America came to a standstill in October 1918 as municipalities shuttered public gathering places such as schools, churches, theaters and saloons"

Yes,but how many of the CV19 deaths and infections were actually cv19 PROVEN deaths or infected persons??NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW THAT NUMBER!Already been stated by many medical agencies if they had 1 symptom then you have to blame it on cv19.Most of this is BULL!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, LTCB said:

That Covid data is very skewed in a number of ways.  It is heavily biased to those that were very symptomatic, especially early on.  Plus, there are 3 strains that rapidly evolved from the original bat strain from Wuhan.  The one that went into NYC came from Europe and is a different strain than got into California and Washington State.