2020 Football Season (Emergency Coronavirus Plan): Hypothetical

BoardHater71

On 4/23/2020 at 4:25 PM, longtimeretired said:

The recent mayor's plan in Nashville looks like no sports activities will be taking place for quite sometime and that is if everything is going well . 4 phases and 2 weeks between each phase with phase one not beginning until sometime in May. No mention of school starting date. Until plans to open schools , no kids will be allowed to meet with coaches. Fitness centers in Nashville are not scheduled to open possibly until sometime in June.

I agree, then we all got to worry about the flu season on top of coronavirus in the fall. If it starts getting bad there goes the big crowds/football. I really hope they get a vaccine this summer.

10 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Govenor holds all the cards at this point. Anything else is pure conjecture.

TSSAA will not come out with any absolute plan until the opening of schools is announced. There are several scenarios that have  been discussed, but nothing is definite without that date.

No school, no sports.

The TSSAA main issue is something they haven’t addressed. Something they probably haven’t even thought of. You can’t have a competitive advantage in this state, in any sport. Sullivan South or Sullivan Central should not be allowed to practice in June if Independence or Dickson County can’t practice due to the coronavirus. That’s my biggest issue.

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

The TSSAA main issue is something they haven’t addressed. Something they probably haven’t even thought of. You can’t have a competitive advantage in this state, in any sport. Sullivan South or Sullivan Central should not be allowed to practice in June if Independence or Dickson County can’t practice due to the coronavirus. That’s my biggest issue.

That is not how it will probably be though.  

Your line of blame is flawed, however, because the TSSAA sets the dates you can practice, and play. The local school board decides whether you can or cannot follow suit. TSSAA cannot force the  school system to make it fair for the  local boys. That is 100% on the school systems. Sometimes they get blamed for things completely out of their hands.

If/when the  Governor  says schools can open, the TSSAA will allow all schools to begin practice in whatever season that happens to occur. If some local Boss Hoggs want to keep closed that is up to them.

17 hours ago, mindbottling said:

Any concrete news moving forward ? TSSAA insiders ? 

It will be a virtual season. Each school will have a rep representing them in an online season. The system will even allow the school to have their all times best players on their roster. The good news is that all games will be available online, but the bad news is murvil has already downloaded the cheat and will go undefeated again. 

1 hour ago, strongx said:

It will be a virtual season. Each school will have a rep representing them in an online season. The system will even allow the school to have their all times best players on their roster. The good news is that all games will be available online, but the bad news is murvil has already downloaded the cheat and will go undefeated again. 

sx....ewe ere corewreck......If'un thays a compooter war, we allreddy haiv our craick staif werkin' on hit......(Nevur hurts when'st Nip-on-din-so brangs inn a few ov thair eggsecutives kidz two skool att 825 ethur).....:popcorneater:

Japanese geek GIF - Find on GIFER

52 minutes ago, strongx said:

Are school systems developing a plan(s) to allow schools to open in August? I hope they are not assuming business as usual.

Unless everyone plans to live in fear forever, we should be fine when school starts. Wash your hands, be smart, sanitize, and go back to business. In over three months from now, we should absolutely be back to normal...or very, very close. Despite the media’s best efforts to scare and panic all of society that we all could die, this is just another infectious disease that is no fun, but manageable. We have to move on, and we certainly can never respond in such a timid way in the future. Otherwise, how do we deal with the big flu outbreaks in the future?! Life is a combination of many risks by nature. This is yet another small one that we can manage. My fear is the media has scared and panicked much of our society for years to come for no reason (or maybe political), which is ultimately very sad and shameful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Unless everyone plans to live in fear forever, we should be fine when school starts. Wash your hands, be smart, sanitize, and go back to business. In over three months from now, we should absolutely be back to normal...or very, very close. Despite the media’s best efforts to scare and panic all of society that we all could die, this is just another infectious disease that is no fun, but manageable. We have to move on, and we certainly can never respond in such a timid way in the future. Otherwise, how do we deal with the big flu outbreaks in the future?! Life is a combination of many risks by nature. This is yet another small one that we can manage. My fear is the media has scared and panicked much of our society for years to come for no reason (or maybe political), which is ultimately very sad and shameful.

I think part of the reason so many people want it to stay locked down is they're not scared. They work crappy jobs and make more in the current unemployment line than they do at their jobs.