DA boys

DABears20

With Shaw leaving this late in the process and taking all 3 of his boys, can’t see this being a job many people want. Does Coach Kevin take back over the program? Do they give it to another assistant? Any other names of interest? My son thinks a lot of his team mates will now focus on football.  Terrible timing for our program!

20 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Had to  expect that  to happen. Hard for a guy to go from coaching D1 basketball to coaching DA in one  year. Drew was still getting paid by Vandy to sit around for a  year.

Just hate it for our kids, my son included who went an entire season not being able to even shoot the ball. His kids took all the shots and just up and leave us. Not taking anything away from either of them, they could both play. Frustrating as a parent though. 

Anyone heard any rumors of who may want the job? I keep hearing Coach Kevin is just going to come back and coach. They aren’t even going to go through a hiring process. We will see what happens.

39 minutes ago, DABears20 said:

Just hate it for our kids, my son included who went an entire season not being able to even shoot the ball. His kids took all the shots and just up and leave us. Not taking anything away from either of them, they could both play. Frustrating as a parent though. 

Anyone heard any rumors of who may want the job? I keep hearing Coach Kevin is just going to come back and coach. They aren’t even going to go through a hiring process. We will see what happens.

Who is Kevin?

I wondered how everyone that had been there for awhile felt about their sudden change in direction of  the  team. There is no doubt his two boys were good high school players. Isaiah can shoot it, although he wants no part of contact. The  younger one was streaky at best. Saw him shoot it fairly well, but also saw two games where he could not throw it in the ocean. Didn't stop him from attempting though.

To me it would be  hard to go back to Harper simply because of  the  way he  was treated  last time. He is a company guy and I know he would take it back, but it would have to be in the back of his mind well who are they going to try to replace me with next.

4 hours ago, Tiger1214 said:

Anyone know of any names that would be interested?

I have heard they are pretty certain going to hire someone in the building currently. A couple of people are interested that are currently at DA. Kevin would be the obvious choice but since the way they treated him a year ago, I can’t see him wanting it. Would love to know other possible candidates people think would be a good hire. In the building or not.

As far as I know, nothing has been addressed here yet. Not sure what the timetable will be but my hope is Coach Harper will be the guy once all is said and done. This program needs stability and a wrong or bad hire could result in a 4th coach within a 3-5 year period if the new coach did not work out. IMO, the administration needs to address this sooner rather than later. No clue what they are waiting for or why there has been no communication on this to current students, players and families.