DA boys

DABears20

On 4/5/2020 at 1:20 PM, DABears20 said:

I have heard they are pretty certain going to hire someone in the building currently. A couple of people are interested that are currently at DA. Kevin would be the obvious choice but since the way they treated him a year ago, I can’t see him wanting it. Would love to know other possible candidates people think would be a good hire. In the building or not.

Not sure who else in the building would be interested here or even a viable candidate. If the hire is internal, it will be Coach Harper.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:08 AM, Tiger1214 said:

Anyone know of any names that would be interested?

Betting it will be a first timer if Coach Harper does not return. Patton from GCS would be a name to watch here. I am certain Mantlo will be interested since he is out at LA and presumably looking for a job as well. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger1214 said:

Who will LA going after? 

That one will be interesting to watch for sure. Sonn is a no brainer hire to me. Wonder if they want the new coach to teach or what the role will be outside of coaching? Could certainly see them focus on hiring outside the area as well and staying away from any local talent. Kevin Starks could be a local name to keep an eye on as well. Gotta think they want to pair up a top tier BB coach with Dilfer and the football program. 

28 minutes ago, Bruin1 said:

Betting it will be a first timer if Coach Harper does not return. Patton from GCS would be a name to watch here. I am certain Mantlo will be interested since he is out at LA and presumably looking for a job as well. 

Harper, we know pretty good.

Mantlo? Patton? Pretty unfamiliar with these coaches. I know you are well connected in the area. Think these coaches could do a good job?

43 minutes ago, Bruin1 said:

As far as I know, nothing has been addressed here yet. Not sure what the timetable will be but my hope is Coach Harper will be the guy once all is said and done. This program needs stability and a wrong or bad hire could result in a 4th coach within a 3-5 year period if the new coach did not work out. IMO, the administration needs to address this sooner rather than later. No clue what they are waiting for or why there has been no communication on this to current students, players and families.

As a parent, I don’t need them to tell me anything. I do wish they would be in communication with the boys though. 

1 minute ago, DABears20 said:

Harper, we know pretty good.

Mantlo? Patton? Pretty unfamiliar with these coaches. I know you are well connected in the area. Think these coaches could do a good job?

I think Patton would do a really good job. He would be loyal as well. He has also learned under one of Nashville's top coaches for a long time. Mantlo is a wild card to me. Very successful at Harpeth but that did not translate to LA. LA had loads of talent and underachieved IMO. Lots of relationship issues with players/parents I am told as well. 

1 hour ago, Bruin1 said:

I think Patton would do a really good job. He would be loyal as well. He has also learned under one of Nashville's top coaches for a long time. Mantlo is a wild card to me. Very successful at Harpeth but that did not translate to LA. LA had loads of talent and underachieved IMO. Lots of relationship issues with players/parents I am told as well. 

Assuming Harper really isn’t interested in coaching anymore. Would love for us to go ahead and lock in our next coach. That person will already be at a disadvantage with the world as it is. 

My son also thinks the GCS coach would be a good hire for us. I don’t really know him. Would be interesting to see if he wants it. I would think he is in a much better spot with all the talent GCS has coming back and with the Shaw’s gone. 

Have you heard when they plan on moving with the process?

Edited by DABears20

5 minutes ago, DABears20 said:

Assuming Harper really isn’t interested in coaching anymore. Would love for us to go ahead and lock in our next coach. That person will already be at a disadvantage with the world as it is. 

My son also thinks the GCS coach would be a good hire for us. I don’t really know him. Would be interesting to see if he wants it. I would think he is in a much better spot with all the talent they have coming back and with the Shaw’s gone. 

Have you heard when they plan on moving with the process?

Also, assuming he has been there for a while doesn’t our girls coach have to know of him. I would love to know his thoughts on him and his coaching.

2 hours ago, Bruin1 said:

That one will be interesting to watch for sure. Sonn is a no brainer hire to me. Wonder if they want the new coach to teach or what the role will be outside of coaching? Could certainly see them focus on hiring outside the area as well and staying away from any local talent. Kevin Starks could be a local name to keep an eye on as well. Gotta think they want to pair up a top tier BB coach with Dilfer and the football program. 

Schools would be smart to stay away from Starks. There is a reason he isn’t the coach here at BA.

Harper is the best choice, an assistant from Goodpasture who has coached with Sonn would be a good choice to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WaReAgLe3 said:

Schools would be smart to stay away from Starks. There is a reason he isn’t the coach here at BA.

Harper is the best choice, an assistant from Goodpasture who has coached with Sonn would be a good choice to.

That’s now multiple people that think the GCS assistant is a good choice. The question remains if he is interested. Would think he stays at Goodpasture. They should be loaded the next several years. Don’t think he would leave to come here.