DA boys

DABears20

17 minutes ago, DABears20 said:

That’s now multiple people that think the GCS assistant is a good choice. The question remains if he is interested. Would think he stays at Goodpasture. They should be loaded the next several years. Don’t think he would leave to come here. 

He is an assistant at GCS. Of course he would leave to become a HC. Again, Coach Harper would be the best choice. 

12 minutes ago, Bruin1 said:

He is an assistant at GCS. Of course he would leave to become a HC. Again, Coach Harper would be the best choice. 

Heard the board wants him to continue to be AD only. Did not like him doing both roles in the past. Bring him back and let some one else be the Athletic Director? Could focus his time on basketball only.

3 minutes ago, DABears20 said:

Heard the board wants him to continue to be AD only. Did not like him doing both roles in the past. Bring him back and let some one else be the Athletic Director? Could focus his time on basketball only.

Heard from who? The board has 1 employee.

3 minutes ago, Bruin1 said:

Heard from who? The board has 1 employee.

A few parents said that when he stepped down. They could have been taking about administrators and I misunderstood. Coach Kevin has told me it was his decision, but we moved quickly in getting Coach Shaw. 

I think the boys would like having him back. I know my son would be fine with it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DABears20 said:

A few parents said that when he stepped down. They could have been taking about administrators and I misunderstood. Coach Kevin has told me it was his decision, but we moved quickly in getting Coach Shaw. 

I think the boys would like having him back. I know my son would be fine with it. 

Coach Harper said that because he is a stand up person. DA did him wrong and let Shaw takeover the program. 

On 4/14/2020 at 1:34 PM, WaReAgLe3 said:

Coach Harper said that because he is a stand up person. DA did him wrong and let Shaw takeover the program. 

He is a stand up guy who was done wrong. He did tell some people doing both jobs was too much. This is why some players/parents might question if he took back on this role.  

Have they interviewed anyone or is Coach Kevin in charge of that? Could see that turning coaches away if they were interviewing for a job with someone whom may want it. Someone mentioned yesterday the job isn’t open to the public. Seems a bit strange. 

If Kevin doesn’t want it, he should be the one interviewing other candidates. If not, others in the building that have coached could help. Jason is one that comes to mind, as someone who knows the game well. I am sure Adrian would be a good person to help as well. 

Ready for the process to start. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure interviews have begun and imagine they will, inexplicably, last several weeks. Should be an interesting process to say the least. Based on current events and the economic state, we have to assume enrollment will be down. With that being the case, what kind of budget can anyone be operating under for the 20-21 school year? It is an absolute guess at the very best. What are they willing to pay for a coach? All of this leads me to say again that Coach Harper is the clear and obvious choice here. Just be done with it and give some stability to the program right now.

10 hours ago, Bruin1 said:

Pretty sure interviews have begun and imagine they will, inexplicably, last several weeks. Should be an interesting process to say the least. Based on current events and the economic state, we have to assume enrollment will be down. With that being the case, what kind of budget can anyone be operating under for the 20-21 school year? It is an absolute guess at the very best. What are they willing to pay for a coach? All of this leads me to say again that Coach Harper is the clear and obvious choice here. Just be done with it and give some stability to the program right now.

Some say he does not want to coach again right now. If that is the case, we need to be seeking/interviewing other people. If they have started that would be a positive sign. I hope they have some good people interested. Seems like you are as frustrated as I am.

Edited by DABears20

On 4/27/2020 at 12:14 PM, WaReAgLe3 said:

Harper wants to coach again. He isn’t sure he can trust the administration after they blindsided him and let Shaw take over the program for one year and then bolt the first chance he got. 

Heard today Kevin will not coach again next year.