OFF-SEASON FOOTBALL

sheppy

Since schools have been closed and all spring sports have been stopped, can off season football instruction continue?    TSSAA allows off-season instruction with a single coach and 3 student-athletes per day to meet and teach football.  Is this opportunity still in effect or has it also been deleted.

I know there was strong discussion of increasing the number of football, soccer, baseball and softball players that could be instructed during off-season and I didn't know if that had passed.

I know TNFCA was asking for 6 football players to be approved by TSSAA.

51 minutes ago, sheppy said:

Since schools have been closed and all spring sports have been stopped, can off season football instruction continue?    TSSAA allows off-season instruction with a single coach and 3 student-athletes per day to meet and teach football.  Is this opportunity still in effect or has it also been deleted.

I know there was strong discussion of increasing the number of football, soccer, baseball and softball players that could be instructed during off-season and I didn't know if that had passed.

I know TNFCA was asking for 6 football players to be approved by TSSAA.

No. TSSAA put out a week ago that all normal rules as far as time of year are still in effect.

I was told that the rule for 3 players and a single coach per day was for all sports during the off-season.  When the TNFCA questioned it last year, we were told there would be a proposal for a single coach to be able to meet with 60% of the players on a court, diamond or field at one time.  In basketball you meet 5 days in a week with 3 players each day, you have met with your entire 9th grade or JV or Varsity squad.  In football it takes 4 days just to meet with the starters on either offense or defense.  Understand the rational but not good when you have 9 or more that comprise a starting unit.

No proof just a hunch,  but I bet $100 to a doughnut that rule has been broken by many HS in our state.  And if so, what is their punishment?