Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

14 minutes ago, gogold said:

I do understand your disappointment, but as good as Greenfield was, Clarkrange was better than last year.  I feel like Loretto would have beaten a good Gibson Co team on their side of the bracket.  I feel like Loretto had one of the better single A teams is a while too.  Loretto had been playing great ball going into the last part of the season.  I can promise you Loretto would have not rolled over and they matched up great with Greenfield.  We were just as disappointed, but we felt we could have won it all this year.  We will never know and anyone that claims the title does not either.

Let’s ask a question. What was wrong with Weathers against Oneida? They said she left for heat exhaustion or ??? Not saying you wouldn’t have beat GC because you would have been favored, but GC was peaking at the right time and it would have went to the wire I believe and it wouldn’t have surprised me if GC would have won. They were really playing well. I agree Loretto would have been favored and they did match up with Greenfield very well. But you never know what would have happend. Greenfield would have been favored obviously, but that don’t mean they would have. And that is no knock on Greenfield. They were a great team and played with an attitude and I mean that in a good way. Clarkrange was really good as well.. 

Edited by pioneer42

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Let’s ask a question. What was wrong with Weathers against Oneida? They said she left for heat exhaustion or ??? Not saying you wouldn’t have beat GC because you would have been favored, but GC was peaking at the right time and it would have went to the wire I believe and it wouldn’t have surprised me if GC would have won. They were really playing well. I agree Loretto would have been favored and they did match up with Greenfield very well. But you never know what would have happend. Greenfield would have been favored obviously, but that don’t mean they would have. And that is no knock on Greenfield. They were a great team and played with an attitude and I mean that in a good way. Clarkrange was really good as well.. 

There were no guarantees for any team, but Loretto had some revenge factor going for them against GC that would have been extra motivation.  I do think Loretto was the better team this year and Weathers was fine.  She got  a little sick during the game, but was ready to roll after the Oneida game.  She would have been ready and was playing some unbelievable ball as well as the others starters and reserves.  I just liked Loretto's chances, but still no guarantees for them or any of the 4 teams left.

11 hours ago, gogold said:

There were no guarantees for any team, but Loretto had some revenge factor going for them against GC that would have been extra motivation.  I do think Loretto was the better team this year and Weathers was fine.  She got  a little sick during the game, but was ready to roll after the Oneida game.  She would have been ready and was playing some unbelievable ball as well as the others starters and reserves.  I just liked Loretto's chances, but still no guarantees for them or any of the 4 teams left.

I agree it would have been a war. Loretto matched up with Greenfield well. GC was clicking as well and had played with their backs against the wall a while. GC was big time battle tested and pressure would have been on Loretto because they would have been favored. No way to ever know now. 

Edited by pioneer42

No guarantees at this level but if Loretto played average game be no brainer / I witnessed there ability all year and they were clicking on all 8 Cylinders ( that’s how deep they were ) won’t have that many cylinders next year but they and Greenfield were definitely 1and 2 this year 

32 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

No guarantees at this level but if Loretto played average game be no brainer / I witnessed there ability all year and they were clicking on all 8 Cylinders ( that’s how deep they were ) won’t have that many cylinders next year but they and Greenfield were definitely 1and 2 this year 

Summertown beat Loretto once and Huntingdon beat Summertown and Clarkrange beat Huntingdon pretty bad so I wouldn’t say any thing was a no brainer. Lots of things have happend in that gym. I bet we can all agree that the games should have been played. If they were worried about the liability of the virus, should have made the players, coaches and fans sign a liability waiver before they walked through the door. Fans and players had been exposed already. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 3:41 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

Oh my, You are absolutely nuts. Greenfield had a 20 pt better team this year than last year and Greenfield embarrased Clark Range at the state tournament last year. It could have been a 50 pt game if Greenfield had not called the dogs off

Anybody that kept up with girls basketball over the last 50 years will tell you The 2020 Gold Ball belonged to Greenfield. That could be the best team ever to come out of Class A. 

Now next year could be and should be Clark Range’s year but Loretto may have something to say about that. 

Greenfield certainly didn't impress me in their game. Clarkrange won their game  80-36. They won by 44 points. Greenfield beat Huntindon 88-59...29 points. Last year's tournament was last year and has absolutely nothing to do with this year at the tournament. Clarkrange by at least 10, EASY.

8 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Greenfield certainly didn't impress me in their game. Clarkrange won their game  80-36. They won by 44 points. Greenfield beat Huntindon 88-59...29 points. Last year's tournament was last year and has absolutely nothing to do with this year at the tournament. Clarkrange by at least 10, EASY.

Clarkrange lives off of TO’s and IMO there half court offense isn’t that good. Good team no doubt and will be top 3 pre-season no doubt. But a ball handling team and a team that can score in half court sets will give them fits. Huntingdon’s PG wasn’t healthy and it showed. Probably had 35-40 TO’s in their game with Clarkrange granted Clarkrange had a lot to do with it but to act like Clarkrange is all that isn’t accurate at all. 

54 minutes ago, ecu said:

So who would be a sleeper team that could slip in with Clarkrange like Eagleville two years ago?

In their area I think it is them and Pickett County and they make Murfreesboro and are strong. Summertown has everyone back and if they learn to handle pressure better they will be hard to beat. Gibson County has a PG coming in that is the best PG we have seen in Dyer since Heather Butler and that is Micah Hart. Her, Madison Hart and Evyn Cantrell are superstar type talents. Micah is just young and has to get some reps. Gibson County would be my sleeper team but I would go with Summertown and Clarkrange now as my top two and Loretto right behind them. Pickett County will be tough as well. West wise Greenfield, Union City will be tough outs. I like Bradford as a sleeper in West TN.

I think you start with Clarkrange and Summertown, but I think Loretto and Gibson County are not far behind.  Summertown brings back 4 solid senior starters and this  team reminds me of Gibson County State Championship team in 2019.  Clarkrange brings back a solid team with a couple of big time players and they have played in big games.  Loretto lost some key personnel, but have some really good players to fill out those loses and Karly as a junior will raise her game and leadership skills for this team.  Gibson brings back a loaded team that's battle tested.  Those are my top 4 as of now.

18 hours ago, ecu said:

So who would be a sleeper team that could slip in with Clarkrange like Eagleville two years ago?

It would have to be Huntland. They were undefeated in regular season district play and won district tournament before losing to Eagleville in region semifinals. They were much better before danley got hurt. Plus they have Riley back and 2 freshman that will make an impact. The only thing that hurts them is no true posts, but they have guards sitting on the bench that could start most places. If they can get Pickett or Clay co at home for substate, they have a shot to get to state.