Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

38 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

HDon couldn’t play I heard. but don’t blow me up if that’s wrong / ask somebody up there if right or wrong 

No. Huntingdon was told it was because COVID reasons from Summertown. Both Huntingdon teams were looking forward to the rematch. The last time the boys team didn’t have key players back from football. Both squads play tomorrow night in Scott’s Hill.

16 minutes ago, Waker said:

No. Huntingdon was told it was because COVID reasons from Summertown. Both Huntingdon teams were looking forward to the rematch. The last time the boys team didn’t have key players back from football. Both squads play tomorrow night in Scott’s Hill.

Well like I said just my info - maybe get this virus thing under control we can reschedule- both teams probably need the competition - other than Loretto we get no quality competition ( although Waynesboro and Collinwood much improved ) our district 

2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Well like I said just my info - maybe get this virus thing under control we can reschedule- both teams probably need the competition - other than Loretto we get no quality competition ( although Waynesboro and Collinwood much improved ) our district 

Ok I’ve checked further here goes ( again pretty reliable source ) Summertown boys couldn’t play because of COVID and Huntingdon wouldn’t play just girls game - girls were ready to go till got the call 

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Another big win for McKenzie. Beat a very talented USJ team by 14. USJ is loaded with talent. Big win for McKenzie.

Yes we did a great job defensively  on wagner. Alford and Olivia Jones killed us in the first half with threes but we were able to counter in the second half with threes of our own. Really impressed with effort on both ends of the floor tonight. Savannah had a nice bounce back game after shooting poorly in the GC game. Great win before Christmas for our ball club. USJ is a talented team and they should be in the mix for the D2-1a title. 

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Any thing can happen especially if you apply the defensive pressure you did last night. I personally think you will be playing Loretto in the Region and Huntingdon against Summertown. I think Summertown and Clarkrange are the two best teams in the state and it is 50/50 on which team is the better team. Do think McKenzie can beat Loretto and get to Murfreesboro. Don’t know if it will happen but I think you have a shot. Told you guys this summer when you have a Wilkins coaching you will be much better. Thing I noticed about McKenzie that impressed me was they were very active in the forth quarter and was playing hard and getting after it. Same way with Huntingdon last year against Summertown in the Region. Wilkins’ are basketball people and they pay attention to detail and are going to get the best out of their players and there goal will be to win the state championship every year. Now if you have towns that are not basketball towns they may not like them because when you play for them they expect a lot of participation during the season and off season. Very good coaches if you have kids that are serious about basketball. Gibson County has that culture and loves it. Last night we had two freshman, a sophomore and two juniors on the floor the last five minutes of the forth quarter. We have beaten Greenfield, USJ, Dyersburg twice, Crockett County, Dresden, Bradford, TCA and a very good Creekwood Team with this team. We are very young and I think we are way ahead of where I expected them this early in the season. We will learn from last night and will get better. But McKenzie is a good team no doubt. Very skilled and athletic. Kinda reminded me of Creekwood shooting the three ball. Both teams can light it up.

Our press and defensive pressure kind of reminds me of Greenfield's press. We have quick guards like Chloe Moore and Mikayla Peterson and an athletic  forward like Tess Darby. We use that press to our advantage which causes turnovers and easy baskets. Loretto always struggled with Greenfields press. In the half court game we dont match up well with Loretto they have size in the inside and our post is foul prone. Think we can contain Weathers to long threes.  Against GC Micah Hart and your guards didnt get much penetration in the paint and that led to 3's or giving it to Madison on the inside.  If our defensive plays like it did on Tuesday then that gives us a chance against anyone in class A.

38 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Our press and defensive pressure kind of reminds me of Greenfield's press. We have quick guards like Chloe Moore and Mikayla Peterson and an athletic  forward like Tess Darby. We use that press to our advantage which causes turnovers and easy baskets. Loretto always struggled with Greenfields press. In the half court game we dont match up well with Loretto they have size in the inside and our post is foul prone. Think we can contain Weathers to long threes.  Against GC Micah Hart and your guards didnt get much penetration in the paint and that led to 3's or giving it to Madison on the inside.  If our defensive plays like it did on Tuesday then that gives us a chance against anyone in class A.

Cantrelle being out 2.5 to 3 quarters really hurt us the other night. We were getting transition buckets with her finishing over the top of your press in the first half. She had 10-12 points and didn’t play much. Our backup PG ball handler was out against you guys as well and we were playing some kids that normally wouldn’t be playing. We got in foul trouble and that is the first time this year that has happend. Micah had her hands full with pressure and lack of guards not being on the floor got exposed. McKenzie got stronger as the game went on is what impressed me. Y’all were having major problems with our press the first half. Both teams had several TO’s and we missed 12 FT’s. Can’t win that way. We will see how we respond tomm. night against Dyer County. That will be another war. You know as well as I do late in the year whoever holds their cool and composure will win out. So far I like your chances to play really well. I hadn’t seen Loretto or Summertown but know they will be tough. Summertown has a ton of experience back. If all goes well GC and McKenzie will play again in Huntingdon. I know as far as GC goes we can’t get in foul trouble like we did the other night and we can’t turn the ball over like that. Worse ball handling game of the year and I credit McKenzie for that. I agree that you guys beat one of the better Div 2 A teams tonight. USJ is loaded with talent but they just can’t seem to win the big one’s.

Saw Collinwood play Hampshire this year.  They have a decent team this year. Hampshire (whopping 200 total HS students ) is 6-1 with their only loss to Collinwood. They have a young team that push the ball . They run the floor like Jo Byrns does. Have not seen Wayne County play this year, but have heard reports that they are improved this year.

The team I am impressed with is  Jo Byrns. Saw them play. They have a  6 foot and  a 6 ft 2 player that are quiet impressive . They have a point a point guard that can get them the ball. Unless you have the height, they are pretty much unstoppable. As well as being tall, they are also very athletic. I think they could give Region favorites a run for the money this year. 

I think this year could be a year of upsets, that is if they get to finish the season this year. The TSSAA handled the season finish very poorly last year.