Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

7 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Our girl Ansley never up to speed after knee injury but might help against NG 

You didn’t lose anything with Burlson today. She played well defensively. Whole team did. I was impressed the way you guys handled Clarkrange’s pressure. I was even more impressed the way y’all turned them over.

2 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

Not a fan of North Greene’s coach. I understand excited but jumping halfway down the court into the opposing team and taunting is not a good look. Look up the ending of the game and watch. 

His player just hit the biggest shot in school history. He in no way taunted the other team . He is seen telling them good game and even goes up to Hart and talks to her. He points at their coach and says good game...remember there is no post game interaction with other coaches due to covid.  Before accusing someone of “taunting” I’d make sure I had my facts straight. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

His player just hit the biggest shot in school history. He in no way taunted the other team . He is seen telling them good game and even goes up to Hart and talks to her. He points at their coach and says good game...remember there is no post game interaction with other coaches due to covid.  Before accusing someone of “taunting” I’d make sure I had my facts straight. 

Absolutely no taunting with that celebration.  As you said, he immediately congratulated GC as he went back towards his players.

If you ask anybody that knows East Tennessee basketball, they will be quick to tell you that James Buchanan is the epitome of class.  One of the most respected coaches in the state.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

21 rebounds if I’m not mistaken. Has to be a tourney record?

Pretty close. Tourney record is 23 by Bradford's Michelle Street in 1993. To be mentioned as the same breath as her is quite the honor.

Anderson's final stat line was 18 pts (8-14 shooting), 22 boards, 6 blocks, 5 steals, 1 assist. That's the type of performances you need from your kids at the state tourney. Based on what I've seen, that's the best performance of this years tournament, thus far. 

36 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

I expected this lander team to be better in 2 years never won a district or regional championship after winning 2 state championships in JR high don't know why

The North Greene kids were separated by the two feeder schools at the time, so Cloudland is facing some stiffer competition at the HS level.

2 hours ago, allsportsmatter said:

I expected this lander team to be better in 2 years never won a district or regional championship after winning 2 state championships in JR high don't know why

Until this year (possibly the past 2 years) the TMSAA state championships were only regional.  So, you could win a state title in middle school without truly knowing how you stacked up against the entire state.  Luckily, they've since changed this.

Edited by mas1821

9 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Until this year (possibly the pat 2 years) the TMSAA state championships were only regional.  So, you could win a state title in middle school without truly knowing how you stacked up against the entire state.  Luckily, they've since changed this.

Apples and oranges, people just get big eyed. This was a pretty good Cloudland team but not nearly the best they've had.

58 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Until this year (possibly the past 2 years) the TMSAA state championships were only regional.  So, you could win a state title in middle school without truly knowing how you stacked up against the entire state.  Luckily, they've since changed this.

Middle School state isn't a good litmus test. MS programs have varying season lengths. Lots of schools don't play in TMSAA at all. Schools play in a wide variety of end of season championships. Some high schools have multiple feeder schools that all have their own programs, while some only have one. It's not that it isn't an accomplishment, but it doesn't necessarily prove success down the road. 

• Like 1