Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

3 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

3 and youngest could be the best if wants to play basketball / she loves volleyball and best softballer around just got to find time for basketball 

Yeah I thought there was three. The older Brazier had some really good teams in 2017 and 2018. I remember watching her in Murfreesboro and we played them in pre-season in 2018.

25 minutes ago, Greenecounty said:

Loretto, Clarkrange, and North Greene will all be playing in the Andrew Johnson Bank Ladies Classic during Christmas in Greeneville - could be a preview of 3 of the Class A State Tournament teams.  The field in the AJ Bank Tournament this season is going to be incredible!

I kept up with North Green and Cloudland this year and I expect them both to be better next year. Sounds like a good tournament brewing. I expect North Green, Cloudland, Pickett County and Clarkrange to all be good. Summertown and Loretto will be tough as well. Just hope and pray things get back to normal and these young student athletes have their day in the sun.

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah I thought there was three. The older Brazier had some really good teams in 2017 and 2018. I remember watching her in Murfreesboro and we played them in pre-season in 2018.

Case of getting burned out w sports had several offers ( some called me about her ) yea theY should won state 2018 led at half against Greenfield - changed our MO and couldn’t get it back 

52 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Case of getting burned out w sports had several offers ( some called me about her ) yea theY should won state 2018 led at half against Greenfield - changed our MO and couldn’t get it back 

Yeah we had a good lead against them the same year and they got us too in the Region Semis. That is one I wished we could have back. I think about that year a lot. GC girls are not as softball oriented as Summertown. GC is known to be a girls basketball school. I will give Greenfield credit. They have had tough draws in Murfreesboro and done well. I watched that game. I remember it being a war and went to the wire.

Edited by pioneer42

5 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Be interesting see how G-Field does w the big 2 gone / I see where everyone says they be good but couldn’t be that good 

When you have good ball handlers and guards like they have they will be competitive for sure. Teams will sell out on Edie Darby and she will have her hands full, but she is a really good player and she will find some open players. Biggs and Crouse wil step their game up as well. I do think GC will be tough for them mainly because of post play, but Greenfield will certainly not be a guaranteed win for GC. Union City will be tough as well. Bradford, Gleason and Peabody will be competitive for sure. Don’t know how good Dresden will be but are always well coached. Do think Clarkrange and Summertown will be the teams to beat statewide. Loretto and Pickett County will be tough as well. 

Edited by pioneer42

6 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

On side note the older Brazier ( Reily ) got female athlete ( intramural ) of the year at MTSU this year  

4 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Be interesting see how G-Field does w the big 2 gone / I see where everyone says they be good but couldn’t be that good 

Union City wins district 13 with Greenfield coming in second and Gleason third. Biggs and Crouse will step up for the lady jackets, as they have played big minutes the past couple of years. Amy Mitchell also played some key minutes off the bench when the starters got in foul trouble.  A lot of people slept on Biggs and Crouse's defensive play too. Biggs is a big guard who has the ability to play multiple positions on the floor and Crouse is quick off her feet to close out on defenders. This team will really go how far Edie Darby carries them. She has the skills to be the next big point guard in West Tennessee. The key for Greenfield though is do they have enough players to step and fill out the rest of the starting lineup, and do they have the depth to play against a team like Gibson county or Union City. 

15 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Union City wins district 13 with Greenfield coming in second and Gleason third. Biggs and Crouse will step up for the lady jackets, as they have played big minutes the past couple of years. Amy Mitchell also played some key minutes off the bench when the starters got in foul trouble.  A lot of people slept on Biggs and Crouse's defensive play too. Biggs is a big guard who has the ability to play multiple positions on the floor and Crouse is quick off her feet to close out on defenders. This team will really go how far Edie Darby carries them. She has the skills to be the next big point guard in West Tennessee. The key for Greenfield though is do they have enough players to step and fill out the rest of the starting lineup, and do they have the depth to play against a team like Gibson county or Union City. 

What will win Greenfield a lot of games is they won’t turn the ball over a bunch and they will create TO’s. Union City is a team to be reckoned with for sure especially if they learn to handle pressure better. The Gibson County game they led a lot of the game but Wilkins threw the full court pressure late in the game and they didn’t handle it. Williams and Bonds are big time players you can make a lot of hay with. Bradford is the sleeper in this district, IMO. Got the big post who can be dominant. If they get some good guard play look out. Gleason you have to think they have potential to be good because they were a pretty decent team with all of the injuries and some of these girls will come back. I look for Peabody to be good next year as well with a lot of athletic players coming back. They always seem to play Gibson County tough and I expect them to be a big challenge for Gibson County.

Edited by pioneer42