Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

10 hours ago, JacketPride5 said:

Tough loss tonight for us.  We shot the ball terribly from 3 and missed at least 8 layups.  A lot of that had to do with Peabody’s defensive pressure, but you still can’t miss layups like that.  Peabody’s offense did not impress me at all.  They can’t miss a 3 if they are left open, but besides that they have to score off of the fast break.  None of their players can dribble with their off hand.  00 can only go left and the rest of the team can only go right.  After we figured that out at halftime, we forced them left and they would fumble the ball right to us.  They will struggle mightily against good defensive teams that can handle the ball (ie. Gibson County, Clarkrange, etc.).

Now to after the game.  Peabody may be the most classless fan base I’ve seen.  When the game ended, their student ran onto the court taunting our players and dancing and stomping on our logo.  I can get over that because kids will do childish things, but still it is terrible sportsmanship.  But what really got me is when the parents are running on the court waving their Peabody jackets at the Greenfield fans and taunting them.  You would think as much as they have won in football that they would know how to win with class, but apparently not.  I cannot wait for Gibson County and whoever they play at State to blow them out.

What a total sore loser, classless post! You wanna talk About other fans with the way your fans acted during this game and other games over the last few years. Grow up dude, unbelievable you would try to take away a great win vs a great team on the road in a very tough environment! Never once have I posted to another team I hope they get blown out or lose, even GC lol. I have always wished teams good luck, especially west Tn teams... this shows what type of person  you are , to try to take away a big victory for a well coached great group of kids that bust their butts every second of the game. Pitiful response by you!

Now to move on ... congratulations to Peabody on a great hard fought win! Lots of things , which I won’t mention,  went against them but these kids showed how tough they are and never quit and kept battling every second! Great coached game by Hart as well! Like I’ve said before, Peabody isn’t blessed with natural basketball players, but these kids play harder than any team I’ve ever seen and they cause tremendous trouble on the defensive end with their pressure! 25th win on the season! Sub state appearance, great accomplishments already this season! Keep it going Peabody! Roll Tide! 

15 minutes ago, JacketPride5 said:

Has nothing to do with being a sore loser.  I just have an issue with 40-50 year old adults feeling the need to taunt the opposing team after the game.  Cheer on your team and scream at refs all you want, but I just don’t have patience for the other stuff.

Wasn’t trying to take shots at your team.  Played tremendously tough defense and Hart is a great coach.  I just gave my analysis of the game in regards to the team.  If it came off as taking a shot at your team, I apologize for that.  

Two teams that will likely run into each other again down the road as both are Single A teams. Chloe’s sisters will be in HS in a few years. Greenfield will not be going anywhere and have two really good coaches in HS and Jr. High. Heard Glisson was out or was lost during the game. She guarded Madison Hart pretty good. That didn’t help at all.

Edited by pioneer42

21 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Two teams that will likely run into each other again down the road as both are Single A teams. Chloe’s sisters will be in HS in a few years. Greenfield will not be going anywhere and have two really good coaches in HS and Jr. High. Heard Glisson was out or was lost during the game. She guarded Madison Hart pretty good. That didn’t help at all.

Yeah, she went down with a knee injury in the 3rd quarter.  Not sure how bad, but the way she was screaming, it did not sound good.  Prayers for her!  Hopefully nothing serious.

Edited by JacketPride5
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BABABA said:

What a total sore loser, classless post! You wanna talk About other fans with the way your fans acted during this game and other games over the last few years. Grow up dude, unbelievable you would try to take away a great win vs a great team on the road in a very tough environment! Never once have I posted to another team I hope they get blown out or lose, even GC lol. I have always wished teams good luck, especially west Tn teams... this shows what type of person  you are , to try to take away a big victory for a well coached great group of kids that bust their butts every second of the game. Pitiful response by you!

Now to move on ... congratulations to Peabody on a great hard fought win! Lots of things , which I won’t mention,  went against them but these kids showed how tough they are and never quit and kept battling every second! Great coached game by Hart as well! Like I’ve said before, Peabody isn’t blessed with natural basketball players, but these kids play harder than any team I’ve ever seen and they cause tremendous trouble on the defensive end with their pressure! 25th win on the season! Sub state appearance, great accomplishments already this season! Keep it going Peabody! Roll Tide! 

First time doing this since 2005. You look at our team and just see a tough group that plays hard. Much to respect to Greenfield, but comments saying you hope we get blown away is in fact classless. Not saying we beat the GC’s or whomever if we make it to the Boro. Fact is these girls deserve this and have made everyone proud by doing something that hasn’t been done in a while 

47 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Congratulations to Peabody on a great win.  I hope you go to state and represent us well. Your girls played a great game. We had our chances, we got several calls in our favor but just couldn’t make it happen. 

If someone had had a gun to my head, I would have picked Greenfield. Just never know. 

13 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

First time doing this since 2005. You look at our team and just see a tough group that plays hard. Much to respect to Greenfield, but comments saying you hope we get blown away is in fact classless. Not saying we beat the GC’s or whomever if we make it to the Boro. Fact is these girls deserve this and have made everyone proud by doing something that hasn’t been done in a while 

I apologize for my comments.  I took the disrespectful actions of a couple of knuckleheads and applied it to an entire fan base, which is an unfair assessment.  Also, after reading the post with a cool head, I can see how my comments could be seen as a shot at the team.  This was most definitely not my intent, but sometimes when you’re typing while angry, things can sound worse than you intended.  Peabody’s team played with class and fought hard.  They are a good team and I wish them well moving forward!

When people feel the need to kick other while they are down, it really get under my skin, but this is not the forum to vent those frustrations.  From now on, I’ll follow Danny White’s advice and text a buddy lol.

29 minutes ago, JacketPride5 said:

I apologize for my comments.  I took the disrespectful actions of a couple of knuckleheads and applied it to an entire fan base, which is an unfair assessment.  Also, after reading the post with a cool head, I can see how my comments could be seen as a shot at the team.  This was most definitely not my intent, but sometimes when you’re typing while angry, things can sound worse than you intended.  Peabody’s team played with class and fought hard.  They are a good team and I wish them well moving forward!

When people feel the need to kick other while they are down, it really get under my skin, but this is not the forum to vent those frustrations.  From now on, I’ll follow Danny White’s advice and text a buddy lol.

It is hard to not be hurt by other people experiencing joy, while you are experiencing pain. Natural human reaction. One of the difficult things about being a sports fan. 

It's also difficult in the moment to celebrate a victory, but still be cognizant of other people's feelings. Many people don't do that well. Some don't care and act especially poor. I know the type of celebrating that you are talking about, and it is hard to not get angry with it when you are emotionally invested in a team and players that are hurting.  

Good on you for realizing your overreaction, but I think most of us understand where the pain comes from. We've all been there. A lot of times, it is better to let those strong emotions simmer, and the product won't be quite as bad. 

10 hours ago, JacketPride5 said:

We as fans do find some of that stuff in a bad class. For you to feel that way is totally normal as I would be lying to say I haven’t felt that way before lol. I’ve seen it before many of times from different fans in other sports. I know where you’re coming off with that comment. Greenfield is a class program and is well respected around this area. There will always be fans that over do it. It was a good game between two good programs and Greenfield will definitely be back in that moment as they have for several years.