Sycamore Head Football Coaching Vacancy

BoardHater71

If there is no football season then there will be no sports in 2020-2021 because the majority of schools wouldn't financially be able to support the other sports. Football is not just the cash cow for the TSSAA, it is the cash cow for all schools.

The data is trending in the right direction. We are finding out the virus is more prevalent and less deadly than the media would like for you to believe.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, District12AA said:

If there is no football season then there will be no sports in 2020-2021 because the majority of schools wouldn't financially be able to support the other sports. Football is not just the cash cow for the TSSAA, it is the cash cow for all schools.

The data is trending in the right direction. We are finding out the virus is more prevalent and less deadly than the media would like for you to believe.

I think most know it is very similar to the flu especially in terms of death rate. I think the bigger fear is not having a treatment or a preventative shot.  Being one of those in the 60+ age range I am glad they are taking it seriously.  Scary stuff going on on this world. Everyone should read Revelations and it will shock you how accurate it is!

19 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

To answer your question, you only get two paid assistants and no financial backing either

No assistant coaches get paid.  That got decided a couple of years back.  It used to be 2 assistants got paid but not anymore.  They ain't hiring coaches with teaching jobs when they can get people from the county to volunteer their time and coach for free.  The out of pocket insurance cost is something else that you did not list.  Backing from the community ain't the problem because people from the community helping and giving their time is the only thing that keeps it going

Cheatham County Schools:

-0 paid assistants

- 0 moneys provided to the football program (other than lights on friday nights and water and they actually discussed charging the programs for that!) 

-0 faculty coaches other than H.C. at SHS(2 seasons now)

- possibility of having HC Salary cut (discussions happened previous years and with COVID are a big possibility again)

-Rise in health insurance cost yearly ($5,000-$6,000 increase)

In my opinion these are just some of the reasons many coaches will not be interested in C.C. or why coaches will not be able to stay and build programs to their full potential. 

On 4/27/2020 at 8:45 PM, workinprogress said:

Wow 2 paid assistants. That's pretty tough for even the best of coaches. Crazy.

I believe it was in 2003 when the assistant coaching stipends were cut and only 2 assistants were paid.  That lasted from 2003-2017.  In 2018 the decision was made to cut those stipends and as a previous poster stated now 0 assistant coaches are paid.  

The insurance is free if you're single.  If you are married and have children that is where the new policy hits your pocket.  I know of one teacher who has told me personally that his insurance difference increased by $8,000+ annually when that change went into effect.  

Someone will apply for and take the coaching job.  The county does have hard working, tough minded kids who will get after it.  That has always been the case at Cheatham County, Sycamore, and Harpeth.  They are enjoyable to coach and they'll always give you everything they have in order to compete and be successful.  There have been so many great football coaches who have came through the programs at the 3 schools in the county and gone on to do great things at other programs in the years that followed.  None of them will ever tell you that they didn't enjoy coaching the kids or that the kids didn't give maximum effort on the football field.  I've had personal conversations with coaches that go all the way back to the 1950s and that has always remained to be the case.

• 4 weeks later...