Brenda Morris steps down as LaVergne head coach

MTSN

On 5/3/2020 at 12:09 PM, ecu said:

Who is the favorite to get job?

I wouldn't be surprised if they hired her assistant, Shawn DiGianfelice, because he has head coaching experience with Shelbyville. I really don't know how attractive this job is to outsiders.

Edited by MTSN

On 5/7/2020 at 7:20 PM, MTSN said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they hired her assistant, Shawn DiGianfelice, because he has head coaching experience with Shelbyville. I really don't know how attractive this job is to outsiders.

He did an excellent job at Shelbyville.  Would be a great choice for them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 7:20 PM, MTSN said:

DiGianfelice gets position.

• 1 month later...

Another District 7-AAA coaching change that was rather surprising: Steve Wilder retired from coaching the Rockvale program to focus on his hitting facility in Manchester, so Falon Catalano has been promoted to head coach. That means she had to step down as volleyball head coach, where she will be replaced by Cody Burton.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So, reviving a topic that hasn't had a post in over a year to say that Shawn DiGianfelice has, shockingly, stepped away from the LaVergne coaching position after just one season to teach special education at Rock Springs Middle. Jessica Hampton is now the head softball coach at LaVergne. DiGianfelice had big plans to try and make LaVergne a contender, with developing pitching being a top priority. Wonder what happened?