How come..

3 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Wouldn't the budget be significantly raised with the addition of football?

I’m sure it would maybe a little, but the schools in the conference don’t have the money like Mississippi jucos have. For example my son played baseball for Dyersburg state and they struggled till sponsorships came through. 

Edited by Goldenpride
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This is the point to where I would normally talk smack but I don’t know what the product will look like on the field. Took you guys to the limit last year and we bring back a ton while you guys lost a lot. The new coaching staff is held in high regard but haven’t done anything yet in Bulldawg country. Will be interesting to see what goes down. 

Milan will be great but not right away,they are getti.g no time to adapt to whatever the system will be with the new hungry staff !!! I think we will see a deep run from the Dawgs but I see the first few games being disappointing for em " not so suddle hint"

9 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Milan will be great but not right away,they are getti.g no time to adapt to whatever the system will be with the new hungry staff !!! I think we will see a deep run from the Dawgs but I see the first few games being disappointing for em " not so suddle hint"

Nah. You forget we don’t play by the rules over here. Don’t know how to read a calendar. We been full contact in pads practicing for the last 3 months. :)

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Nah. You forget we don’t play by the rules over here. Don’t know how to read a calendar. We been full contact in pads practicing for the last 3 months. :)

Funny you say that,Me and the wife was waiting on our food at Toyami  for a hour and I heard a interesting convo, lady says all the boys been at her house working out,another guy in line says" you know we can get in trouble for stuff like that" lady says naw not as long as nobody finds out" in the middle of a line with 30 people in it" With 10 of em wearing Tide hats amd shirts and 5 wearing Hornet hats " we gonna keep that secret for ya hun" Of course it is probably happening everywhere but only  "some" Milan parents are so arrogant as to talk about it!! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This is the point to where I would normally talk smack but I don’t know what the product will look like on the field. Took you guys to the limit last year and we bring back a ton while you guys lost a lot. The new coaching staff is held in high regard but haven’t done anything yet in Bulldawg country. Will be interesting to see what goes down. 

Yeah I figure yall will present us with a lot problems. Bulldogs speed will be tough on us. Mustangs are very athletic but dont have the game breaking speed we've had the last few years. Probably going to have to play some freshman which is something the Mustangs rarely do. As my old high school coach used to say " for ever sophomore you start you can put a loss on your record". Paul Ward

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Funny you say that,Me and the wife was waiting on our food at Toyami  for a hour and I heard a interesting convo, lady says all the boys been at her house working out,another guy in line says" you know we can get in trouble for stuff like that" lady says naw not as long as nobody finds out" in the middle of a line with 30 people in it" With 10 of em wearing Tide hats amd shirts and 5 wearing Hornet hats " we gonna keep that secret for ya hun" Of course it is probably happening everywhere but only  "some" Milan parents are so arrogant as to talk about it!! 

They can get in trouble for not social distancing maybe with the police but not with the tssaa. If kids are working out on their own away from school in groups away from the presence of coaches nothing can be done. All teams do it in the dead period and that’s basically what this is now. One big dead period. The teams doing the most conditioning will have a big leg up when the can start practicing again. 

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Yeah I figure yall will present us with a lot problems. Bulldogs speed will be tough on us. Mustangs are very athletic but dont have the game breaking speed we've had the last few years. Probably going to have to play some freshman which is something the Mustangs rarely do. As my old high school coach used to say " for ever sophomore you start you can put a loss on your record". Paul Ward

We had a ton of speed last year. But the offense looked like a 3rd grader drew some stuff up in the dirt outside the stadium before the game and the coaches decided to go with it. Now that we got some coaches running the offense to put all those athletes in the right positions I look for more success. And I agree with you about the sophomores for the most part. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

18 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

We had a ton of speed last year. But the offense looked like a 3rd grader drew some stuff up in the dirt outside the stadium before the game and the coaches decided to go with it. Now that we got some coaches running the offense to put all those athletes in the right positions I look for more success. And I agree with you about the sophomores for the most part. 

LRDAO... Big purple bowel movement is you blaming the coaches on lack of success? I garuntee you are some arm chair passer that thinks they knowd everything.  Your full of mess. I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

On 5/2/2020 at 8:41 PM, Goldenpride said:

I’m sure it would maybe a little, but the schools in the conference don’t have the money like Mississippi jucos have. For example my son played baseball for Dyersburg state and they struggled till sponsorships came through. 

Absolutely. It costs a lot of money to field a  football team, from equipment and uniforms to paying a coaching staff and renting a facility to play at or building your own, no matter how small it is. 

1 minute ago, JDHoss said:

Absolutely. It costs a lot of money to field a  football team, from equipment and uniforms to paying a coaching staff and renting a facility to play at or building your own, no matter how small it is. 

Right. I wondered this same question until I seen how poor most of these jucos are. Surprised some athletic programs at some schools are still going.