TSSAA says "No co- champions and no gold balls" ! What should they do to honor these teams ?

gogold

6 hours ago, gogold said:

I would have been ok with Co-Champions for the 4 teams left, but not my call.  If not that, what would be a way to honor these teams in you opinion ?

22 minutes ago, buddyball said:

2 of the four would have lost, what would they have gotten, nothing.  Each school at best buy them a Final Four Banner.  Don't embarass the kids.

I talked to TSSAA yesterday about something else and I think they are going to do something like a banner to honor them. They said the 2020 state champion will be an astric and no final four recognized in the program in years to come. I suggested it after the tournament got postponed and Greenfield and others were against it. If it would have got some legs the co-champions would have probably flown because the girls and fans were out thousands of dollars where the boys weren’t out a penny. Regular season champions in SEC has had co-champions several times. 

Edited by pioneer42

7 hours ago, gogold said:

I would have been ok with Co-Champions for the 4 teams left, but not my call.  If not that, what would be a way to honor these teams in you opinion ?

Where did you read this? I hadn’t seen it.

Edited by pioneer42

8 minutes ago, gogold said:

If  the final 4 would have played, win or lose they would have hung those banners anyway !

A Final Four banner or a semi-final banner to me means a loss in the real world at some point. Verbage needs to say co-champion if I have a vote. Only banner that would explempify a win would have champion on it. A Final Four banner or a semi-final banner to me is useless for this year because one’s left didn’t lose and it exemplifies a loss at some point.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Gibson County should feel good about themselves with a banner whether it says final 4 or whatever. As many girls as GC lost from last year and all the injuries this year they had a great season. GC has a great cosch or they would have never made it this far. There’s nothing wrong with a final 4 banner.  Greenfield has moved on, most people know who would have won the Gold Ball so we can live with that. 

Well you was supposed to win it last year too but it didn’t work out. Gibson County goes in every year to win a state title. GIbson County will make their own banner and celebrate it like we want to. Go ask our coach what his goal is. Don’t need Greenfield Fans telling me what I ought to be satisfied with. Whatever our girls and coaches vote to do to celebrate this season is what we will do. We sure don’t have to get any permission from Greenfield to do whatever. What we won’t do is get a bunch of state championship T-Shirts made up and put them all over FB because there were 4 teams left last I checked.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

That was suppose to be a compliment to Gibson County but you seem to turn it around and try to take away from the Greenfield season. So that’s what you need to do, celebrate however you choose. Greenfield will celebrate our girls season the way we choose to as well. 

At best it was a backhanded compliment.  You seemed to have already crowned your team and that is your right.  I know what happened last year and writing off teams before the games are played is a grave mistake.  I would suppose your fans would have learned that from last years results.  The last 4 teams left were there for a reason.  We can all claim our teams would have won, but that does not make it so.  I will say Greenfield would have been picked to win it, but they were last year too.

3 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

That was suppose to be a compliment to Gibson County but you seem to turn it around and try to take away from the Greenfield season. So that’s what you need to do, celebrate however you choose. Greenfield will celebrate our girls season the way we choose to as well. 

2 hours ago, gogold said:

At best it was a backhanded compliment.  You seemed to have already crowned your team and that is your right.  I know what happened last year and writing off teams before the games are played is a grave mistake.  I would suppose your fans would have learned that from last years results.  The last 4 teams left were there for a reason.  We can all claim our teams would have won, but that does not make it so.  I will say Greenfield would have been picked to win it, but they were last year too.

If you hadn’t figured out by now, This is“Greenfield’s season”, “Greenfield’s little town”... Man that song has gotten old and to be truthful people in Greenfield need to get real and realize there are more people out there than just Greenfield. What about Clarkrange and Loretto and Gibson County’s Little Town and their season? You think you guys are the only one’s that wanted to win a Gold Ball? You guys got beat by Loretto last year and if I remember correctly they led the whole game and you barely beat them this year You can disrespect Clarkrange, disrespect Loretto and disrespect Gibson County all you want but the last two games I assure you wasn’t going to be the cakewalk that you and your fans thought. You can buy all the T-Shirts, trophies, rings and banners you want to, but if that title is not in the programs and the record books of the TSSAA it didn’t exist any where but the gym at Greenfield. 

On 5/7/2020 at 1:26 PM, gogold said:

See Greenfield wouldn’t be OK with it. Has 0 consideration for the rest of the field up there. In their eyes, they are the only team up there. And you have probably figured that out by now. And that is fine. I can live with it. But if you read the whole article, Macon County, Arlington, Whitehaven and others were for the co-champions. All I would have cared about personally is for the record books. Trophies, banners etc. teams could have taken care of that themselves and buy their own. TSSAA probably don’t want to have to buy a bunch of Gold Balls and I couldn’t blame them for that, but recognizing these girls as co-champs for the record books and programs ought to be feasible, IMO. States all around us have done it and acknowledged teams already. These girls didn’t cancel this tournament. They were already exposed. Everyone was. Only had 9 games left  

Edited by pioneer42