TSSAA says "No co- champions and no gold balls" ! What should they do to honor these teams ?

gogold

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Give the final 4 teams something. All that hard work in regular season and playoffs for nothing. Especially for the seniors it hurts

I have been banging there door all summer. I just want to be recognized in the books. When it says in the books about the history of each of the eight teams I think when one of the teams in the state tournament was a finalists in the 2020 tournament it should say like this: 3 State Championships, 1 2020 Cancelled Tournament Finalist. Schools all need an agreed verbage to go on walk pictures and personal banners, IMO. I just want in the books. No trophies or banners personally.

33 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Feel bad for cleveland boys team. By far the best team in the state and the best team theyve had since mid 90s. That 1 loss was to a team they had played 3 times before. Its tough to beat same team 4 times in one year. Maybe they should give all 8 state teams a banner this year. 

I have pleaded to give each team a share of the title as “co-champs” in the books only and let the schools buy the trophies. They won’t even meet and discuss.

I hate the way it all went down because it should have been played. In 20 years we will all look back when all the facts come out and realize this was the biggest hoax in US history. It’s sad, nothing can change what has happened but we all have the memories that we made this past year.

It was an unbelievable year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I hate the way it all went down because it should have been played. In 20 years we will all look back when all the facts come out and realize this was the biggest hoax in US history. It’s sad, nothing can change what has happened but we all have the memories that we made this past year.

It was an unbelievable year!

Larry I can remember in the last three years when the flu was going around bad the ER visits and hospital stays of a lot of folks. There have been some bad flu strains and other viral infections that went around that would have probably got lots of media attention if the Health Departments were magnifying them and reporting them to the media like this. According to studies and data collected by Rand Paul and addressed to Fauci, Grade School kids rarely get the disease and rarely transmit it to older people and are much more effected by the flu. Somebody is going to have to rise up and say enough is enough. With all the flawed test and corrupt numbers, what scares me is during flu season kids take flu swabs all the time and if they start calling flu negatives Covid 19 we might not never play sports again. Somebody is going to have to be the leader and say enough is enough of this hoax. And this is not referring to people affected by the Corona Virus because I believe it is a bad bug but the corruption  of it and it being overhyped makes it a hoax.

Edited by pioneer42

A friend wrote this but he nailed it:

The coronavirus is real but government controls the numbers. The numbers will grow as pressure is placed on the elite people in this world. The elites control a large majority of the world.  They control the media and when you control the media, you are able to make fear spread quickly. They are trying to make good look bad, and bad look good. They are trying to brainwash us! I ask, please open your eyes to the entire picture and pray for our world!

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Larry I can remember in the last three years when the flu was going around bad the ER visits and hospital stays of a lot of folks. There have been some bad flu strains and other viral infections that went around that would have probably got lots of media attention if the Health Departments were magnifying them and reporting them to the media like this. According to studies and data collected by Rand Paul and addressed to Fauci, Grade School kids rarely get the disease and rarely transmit it to older people and are much more effected by the flu. Somebody is going to have to rise up and say enough is enough. With all the flawed test and corrupt numbers, what scares me is during flu season kids take flu swabs all the time and if they start calling flu negatives Covid 19 we might not never play sports again. Somebody is going to have to be the leader and say enough is enough of this hoax. And this is not referring to people affected by the Corona Virus because I believe it is a bad bug but the corruption  of it and it being overhyped makes it a hoax.

I think this virus is real, but "fear" took over and unfortunately it cheated these young women (and men) some life-long memories. I believe Greenfield would've won Single A (in a close one over Loretto), but there's nothing for the young women to hang their heads about. They all did what they were supposed to do and when it's out of their control, it stinks even more. I agree P about flu & infections. Wasn't it like 3 years ago, when Westview had 5 girls test positive for the flu and 2 of them were starters. Westview missed a shot at the end in regulation and then got beat in OT. I believe it was Alexis' dad said that even if they had won that game, they wouldn't have been competitive the next day due to how the flu hit them. Hopefully, football will be able to get in some games and then it'll be back in the gym. I've heard  alot of folks say that after this election, this virus won't be as popular. I'm starting to believe that too. Have a good 4th and we'll see you in the late fall. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

I think this virus is real, but "fear" took over and unfortunately it cheated these young women (and men) some life-long memories. I believe Greenfield would've won Single A (in a close one over Loretto), but there's nothing for the young women to hang their heads about. They all did what they were supposed to do and when it's out of their control, it stinks even more. I agree P about flu & infections. Wasn't it like 3 years ago, when Westview had 5 girls test positive for the flu and 2 of them were starters. Westview missed a shot at the end in regulation and then got beat in OT. I believe it was Alexis' dad said that even if they had won that game, they wouldn't have been competitive the next day due to how the flu hit them. Hopefully, football will be able to get in some games and then it'll be back in the gym. I've heard  alot of folks say that after this election, this virus won't be as popular. I'm starting to believe that too. Have a good 4th and we'll see you in the late fall. 

Greenfield was favored to win as they should have been I will agree. But go tell that to Wilkins and the players who have been underdogs even against Gleason and Greenfield. They were loose and confident and Gibson County has a mentality where they expect to win not hope to win even as an underdog. Go tell that to Rogers at Clarkrange who has won 8 titles. Who thought Loretto would have beaten Greenfield last year?? Never know up there and we will never know obviously. I have lost a lot of respect for TSSAA for just forgetting about the girls left and for the boys for that matter. AL, GA, MS FL  finished their tournammet and NC, VA and Arkansas all agreed to shared titles. It is sad for our girls to be forgotten because that is what happend. Greenfield, GC, Clarkrange and Loretto are no better off than the teams that lost. My take is if you don’t want to call them co-champions in the books at least give them a title like the title of a book as “2020 Covid Cancelled Finalists” and honor them in the programs and books. No trophies or banners.Schools can buy their own. These kids deserve to have consistent verbage on personal banners and pictures on the walls and personal trophies bought. It is very sad if they are not honored in the books some how.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...