TSSAA says "No co- champions and no gold balls" ! What should they do to honor these teams ?

gogold

The fact Greenfield has shirts made saying State Champions is unreal. I have picture proof of the shirt. I CAN’T wait until next year. Good luck making it out of region. WHAT A CLASSLESS ACT. 4 teams left. None of which would have rolled over and handed the title to them. Go ahead and claim state champs...... record books don’t lie. 

19 hours ago, westtn12 said:

The fact Greenfield has shirts made saying State Champions is unreal. I have picture proof of the shirt. I CAN’T wait until next year. Good luck making it out of region. WHAT A CLASSLESS ACT. 4 teams left. None of which would have rolled over and handed the title to them. Go ahead and claim state champs...... record books don’t lie. 

Anyway you can post a picture of the shirt on here?

59 minutes ago, jvaughan said:

Anyway you can post a picture of the shirt on here?

I seen one today the T-Shirts have AP in small writing above the state champion. Have to zoom in to see it. But it is what it is. No law against making up T-Shirts in celebrating the way they want to I guess. Gibson County wouldn’t do that I will assure you. Our coach wouldn’t allow that with four teams left. They can buy all the T-Shirts, rings and banners all they want, but if TSSAA doesn’t honor co-champions or they play this thing out which they are not it won’t get in the record books. And you would think as proud as they are of their season “you would think” they would want it in the programs and record books. And if they don’t want it in the record books they are the only 1 out of 12. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I seen one today the T-Shirts have AP in small writing above the state champion. Have to zoom in to see it. But it is what it is. No law against making up T-Shirts in celebrating the way they want to I guess. Gibson County wouldn’t do that I will assure you. Our coach wouldn’t allow that with four teams left. They can buy all the T-Shirts, rings and banners all they want, but if TSSAA doesn’t honor co-champions or they play this thing out which they are not it won’t get in the record books. And you would think as proud as they are of their season “you would think” they would want it in the programs and record books. And if they don’t want it in the record books they are the only 1 out of 12. 

Ok thank you for that.......

Can a picture of the actual shirt be posted on here by someone? I would love to get “picture proof” that these are out there. Would also like to know if it’s something that the school/team/booster club did or if it’s something that was done outside of anyone actually affiliated with the school. 

28 minutes ago, jvaughan said:

Ok thank you for that.......

Can a picture of the actual shirt be posted on here by someone? I would love to get “picture proof” that these are out there. Would also like to know if it’s something that the school/team/booster club did or if it’s something that was done outside of anyone actually affiliated with the school. 

Text me at 731-343-5660. I got one on my phone. I don’t know how to post it on here but I wouldn’t any way. Booster Club is selling them. Says AP State Champs. AP is in little writing. Shirt is legal. They were number 1 in AP poll at end of the year.Why would anyone else go to the trouble of doing that?

10 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Text me at 731-343-5660. I got one on my phone. I don’t know how to post it on here but I wouldn’t any way. Booster Club is selling them. Says AP State Champs. AP is in little writing. Shirt is legal. They were number 1 in AP poll at end of the year.Why would anyone else go to the trouble of doing that?

Now that I’ve seen it, I guess I would say to each their own. 

Well news from coacht.com travels fast I guess lol. Just a got a call from a very reliable source that the shirt that is on Greenfield’s booster club Facebook page that says AP Class A State Champion is in fact NOT being made. The design sort of jumped the gun and has since been nixed. However another shirt is in the works that I believe will properly and accurately honor the team from Greenfield with what can best be described “undisputed facts”. Those are my words not my sources. This shirt is not the only way that Greenfield will honor these girls so I’m sure we’ll hear more about it in the future but I just wanted to calm everyone down and let you know that Greenfield will not be claiming the state championship. They will only be claiming what the team factually accomplished. 

2 hours ago, jvaughan said:

Well news from coacht.com travels fast I guess lol. Just a got a call from a very reliable source that the shirt that is on Greenfield’s booster club Facebook page that says AP Class A State Champion is in fact NOT being made. The design sort of jumped the gun and has since been nixed. However another shirt is in the works that I believe will properly and accurately honor the team from Greenfield with what can best be described “undisputed facts”. Those are my words not my sources. This shirt is not the only way that Greenfield will honor these girls so I’m sure we’ll hear more about it in the future but I just wanted to calm everyone down and let you know that Greenfield will not be claiming the state championship. They will only be claiming what the team factually accomplished. 

In reality, they are the Associated Press State Champions. They were number 1 in the final rankings. Most people that reacted didn’t see the AP at first. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

In reality, they are the Associated Press State Champions. They were number 1 in the final rankings. Most people that reacted didn’t see the AP at first. 

I’m glad that they are going with a different design as there is no such “AP State Champions”. This way the girls will be recognized for something less controversial. By claiming a title that doesn’t exist it would diminish what they accomplished, which is what will be put on any shirt, banner, trophy, display, etc. People are still going to hate on it but at least the way it will done will have facts behind it and not a fictional title.