Human Defecation about to hit the Rotary Oscillator

LTCB

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Bet???

Time will tell. I hope we have sports. What are you basing your information on. I just don't think this ends as fast as I want. Would you be comfortable making the decision and accept total responsibility? I am hearing shorter school days and students wearing masks when schools reopen. If that is true does that mean athletes will be required to wear masks also? 

Edited by fb247

I can't imagine a basketball coach staying after school to practice from October-Mid/late February/early March and not get paid for doing that. I can't expect a football coach to coach their players from June-November and not getting paid. Not to mention in that football coaches, they're having to deal with the heat from practices for four of those six months. Knowing the fact that we're in a generation where parents want to be more involved than ever at making coaches decision, specifically on playing time. To me, this probably gives coaches in Wilson County an opportunity to look elsewhere for a job, especially if they don't see themselves in Wilson County in the long term. 

Yes, if you go ask a coach why they're coaching, they're not going to say, "I'm coaching for the money." They're going to say that they're coaching for the players and the love of their particular sport. However, that extra income, is an added motivation or support, or something that makes coaches know that it's worth it. 

Last time I checked, there are over 100+ jobs posted on the bulletin board.

Edited by TryNotToSuck
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fb247 said:

Time will tell. I hope we have sports. What are you basing your information on. I just don't think this ends as fast as I want. Would you be comfortable making the decision and accept total responsibility? I am hearing shorter school days and students wearing masks when schools reopen. If that is true does that mean athletes will be required to wear masks also? 

I am basing my opinion on the fact that at least three West Tn. programs are already running full football operations right now, with complete knowledge of, and blessing by TSSAA. I can tell you that everyone's situation is different too. Memphis (Shelby Co.) is considering not reconvening schools at all for the fall semester (and potentially beyond that), which would eliminate all sports by default, but more and more rural systems are considering resuming sports even before the usual dead period because the risk of exposure is minimal, and the fear of it is even less significant. Fall sports will happen because the TSSAA has failed to consolidate all it's member schools into one single timeframe by defaulting to local municipality's guidelines concerning CV-19 and social gathering... and they are allowing this because they are economically dependent on football for their own operating capitol, while deferring any liability for it to the same local authorities.

Equity should be the discussion right now for sports teams. There are some school districts that are not letting teams practice or only in groups less than 10 while you have others carrying on business as normal.

In the fall, you could see school districts mandate no fans in the stands for athletics which if that is the case especially for football will cripple athletic budgets.

As much as I wish things were going to be normal in the fall, it is not going to be normal.

29 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Equity should be the discussion right now for sports teams. There are some school districts that are not letting teams practice or only in groups less than 10 while you have others carrying on business as normal.

In the fall, you could see school districts mandate no fans in the stands for athletics which if that is the case especially for football will cripple athletic budgets.

As much as I wish things were going to be normal in the fall, it is not going to be normal.

I think you meant equality... if so, that's where TSSAA is ducking their head and dodging the liability of leadership. TSSAA desperately needs football to happen, yet wants no part of stepping forward and deciding whether or not member schools should proceed with operations. Left to local mandates, you will have a wide range from rural schools who proceed with very little risk to athletes, to urban schools who would place kids at significantly higher likelihood of exposure if recommended to resume with football (which will not happen in some metro areas). Go read TSSAA's mission statement, and decide for yourself if they're attempting to stand by it.

On 5/10/2020 at 10:36 PM, LTCB said:

Wilson County School Board met Saturday to discuss next year in regards to budget and the  income shortfall due to lower tax revenue.  One item proposed was the elimination of ALL coaching stipends for both High School and Middle School.  Anyone else seeing this discussion in their county?  

My opinion, There will be some coaches available. That is not a good move for any county in my opinion. Most coaches are highly underpaid based on the time required of them.

I would hope this not be case.

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I think you meant equality... if so, that's where TSSAA is ducking their head and dodging the liability of leadership. TSSAA desperately needs football to happen, yet wants no part of stepping forward and deciding whether or not member schools should proceed with operations. Left to local mandates, you will have a wide range from rural schools who proceed with very little risk to athletes, to urban schools who would place kids at significantly higher likelihood of exposure if recommended to resume with football (which will not happen in some metro areas). Go read TSSAA's mission statement, and decide for yourself if they're attempting to stand by it.

TSSAA as a matter of fact is employed by schools to only govern athletics. They can not decide when schools can  open or return to practice. That is a decision that can only be made by each school system.

Edited by fb247

23 hours ago, fb247 said:

I'm curious what % of the parents are willing to let their kids play or not.  I'm also curious if Tennessee High School does play if we don't get flooded over with kids from out of state from areas that won't allow football this year. Hope we play this year but I wouldn't want the guys job that has to figure all of this out with such a short window of time to do so. Lot of moving pieces and parts.

6 hours ago, fb247 said:

TSSAA as a matter of fact is employed by schools to only govern athletics. They can not decide when schools can  open or return to practice. That is a decision that can only be made by each school system.

They can decide on the calendar and when to allow sports to officially begin practice. Word on street is rural schools are already practicing and planning to hold basketball camps while urban schools are being told a laundry list of regulations just to get 10 students in the building to practice at a time.

Unfortunately this has become a political issue in this country and students will suffer because of it. It has went from flattening the curve to finding the cure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, District12AA said:

They can decide on the calendar and when to allow sports to officially begin practice. Word on street is rural schools are already practicing and planning to hold basketball camps while urban schools are being told a laundry list of regulations just to get 10 students in the building to practice at a time.

Unfortunately this has become a political issue in this country and students will suffer because of it. It has went from flattening the curve to finding the cure.

Thank's for explaining it to him, I was getting exhausted.

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Thank's for explaining it to him, I was getting exhausted.

You still don't get it. He is saying exactly what I was saying. TSSAA can not tell an individual school system when they can begin working out. They can set all the calendars they want but if a school system wants to delay starting that is their decision. Maybe now you understand. Individual school systems have the power not TSSAA. 

• Like 1