Austin East Football Coach Resigns

Turtle

Sad news coming from the Eastside of Knoxville, TN.  Current Head Coach, now former head coach, Jeff Phillips resigns from his post.  His wife will be taking a job in Northern GA and Coach will be looking to attain a coaching/teaching job there as well.  

Coach Phillips spent 7 years at the helm of the Roadrunners .  His 1st 2 years didn’t go as planned but he quickly turned it around his last 5 years.  He’s leaving the program in better shape then when he took over.  I , for one,  wish him the best of luck and THANK him for his leadership and dedication to AE.  It’s not going to be the same without him on the sideline but like he preaches to his players, FAMILY is very important and but  I’m sure he’ll keep tabs on his former players/school.  

Wonder who will throw their name in the hat for this job?

Edited by Turtle

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

Sad news coming from the Eastside of Knoxville, TN.  Current Head Coach, now former head coach, Jeff Phillips resigns from his position.  His wife will be taking a job in Northern GA and Coach will be looking to attain a coaching/teaching job there as well.  

Coach Phillips spent 7 years at the helm of the Roadrunners program .  His 1st 2 years didn’t go as planned but he turned it around his last 5 years.  He’s leaving the program in better shape than what he took on.  I for one wish him the best of luck and THANK him for his leadership and dedications to AE.  It’s not going to be the same but I’m sure he’ll keep tabs on his former players/school.  

Anthony Anderson?

15 hours ago, Turtle said:

Sad news coming from the Eastside of Knoxville, TN.  Current Head Coach, now former head coach, Jeff Phillips resigns from his position.  His wife will be taking a job in Northern GA and Coach will be looking to attain a coaching/teaching job there as well.  

Coach Phillips spent 7 years at the helm of the Roadrunners program .  His 1st 2 years didn’t go as planned but he turned it around his last 5 years.  He’s leaving the program in better shape than what he took on.  I for one wish him the best of luck and THANK him for his leadership and dedications to AE.  It’s not going to be the same but I’m sure he’ll keep tabs on his former players/school.  

Man I am sorry to hear this. Coach Phillips was ding a heck if a job at AE. I hope they are able to hire a quality coach and keep AE moving forward. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MLREB said:

Man I am sorry to hear this. Coach Phillips was ding a heck if a job at AE. I hope they are able to hire a quality coach and keep AE moving forward. 

Yesssir!!!!!  As I was talking with another fan from another team last night his exact words were, "This hire  will make or break the AE program!"  Whomever fills Phillips shoes will need to keep the program going up.  You all just don't know how hard Phillips worked at getting that AE program back to the glory days.  His staff also put in a lot of work , the kids brought in to what they were preaching, the new coach gotta keep it going upward.  

Edited by Turtle

Coach Phillips did a great job at AUstin East and will be missed. He and his staff worked hard to get the program where it is today .He helped get a lot of kids in college  and he really cared a lot about the kids as young men and as athletes . He wanted them to succeed not only on the field but in the classroom . Wishing nothing but the best for his future. 

• Upvote 1

Austin-East is a gem of a job.  You are in a prime location in Knoxville and you have athletes everywhere.  I saw their playoff film vs Alcoa last year and they were loaded with athletes.  If someone could go there and get all of the kids to come out and play football this could be a "Pearl-Cohn In East-TN" type of job.