Georgia's Plan to Play

Solomon

Tssaa is meeting now to discuss this. Rumor is, if you believe in rumors, the state will follow the same guidelines as Georgia. 

Georgia is not set in stone and could change if things were to go the other direction. I just dont see that. 

I know that I like most of you want football this fall.

47 minutes ago, Director said:

Tssaa is meeting now to discuss this. Rumor is, if you believe in rumors, the state will follow the same guidelines as Georgia. 

Georgia is not set in stone and could change if things were to go the other direction. I just dont see that. 

I know that I like most of you want football this fall.

It makes a lot of sense to me.

I started coaching in Savannah, Ga. , in 1973.  We had 5 days of helmets only, 5 days of helmets & shoulder pads, then the 3rd week we put on full pads.  We had no jamborees and no spring scrimmages with other schools.  They changed that in 77 or 78 to allow spring scrimmages.

Currently Georgia starts the exact same date as we did in Tennessee and ended their State Championship series the week AFTER Tennessee ended their Blue Cross games...2 OPEN DATES!  Didn't seem to bother basketball.  J/S 

Edited by sheppy

On 5/13/2020 at 8:46 AM, Solomon said:

Not final by any means, but it's the first roadmap we've seen that ends with playing games this fall.

https://footballscoop.com/news/georgia-high-schools-provide-roadmap-to-starting-season-on-time/

well that is kind of mute point.   Most of Tennessee has or will begin summer workouts by June 1.  In other words Tennessee is already out while Georgia is going out in July.  Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, ChineseFlu said:

well that is kind of mute point.   Most of Tennessee has or will begin summer workouts by June 1.  In other words Tennessee is already out while Georgia is going out in July.  Am I missing something?

Tennessee is going out in June but Georgia has a plan for July and August.  What is Tennessee's plan for those months? Georgia list dates that heat acclimation and half padded and full padded practice starts?  When does the TSSAA or any government entity say that will happen in Tennessee?  How many days are we from playing our opening contest?

3 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

Yes! You are missing the fact that Georgia's governing body for high school sports is coordinating and synchronizing their member school's practices. TSSAA has failed to carry through with their mission statement ( Article 1, section 3) by doing the same. Advising member schools to abide by their local authorities' guidelines doesn't denote "leadership"... which is what you pay a membership fee for.

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Yes! You are missing the fact that Georgia's governing body for high school sports is coordinating and synchronizing their member school's practices. TSSAA has failed to carry through with their mission statement ( Article 1, section 3) by doing the same. Advising member schools to abide by their local authorities' guidelines doesn't denote "leadership"... which is what you pay a membership fee for.

Completely agree. I'm very disturbed by Bernard Childress's latest interview. If we don't have football, he should be the first to take a major pay cut.