Hearing something is coming down on a school just east of Nashville

HTV

2 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

The kid was in school at Wilson Central not zoned for MJ.

The  part where he had all the parents of kids now zoned for Green Hill come in and tried to  tell them how to fill out a  zone request in order to  stay was not a good  move on his part either.

Every parent that  had bad feelings for him rolled on him. He never stood a  chance.

I get the kid was at WC, but was going to be enrolled as a student at MJ the following year.  The coach sent a remind message about working out and he wants the kids that have been apart of the program to stay (who wouldn't).  What I am saying is what is different in that and what GH is doing? If a kid is zoned or enrolled to be in your school what is the issue.  Sounds like the kid jumped ship to go to GH. I am wandering if the kid just decided to go to a school that he is not zoned for just for the heck of it or maybe just maybe there was someone at GH that asked him to come on.  We will never know.  I don't really see what the issue is?

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

The principal resigned today.  I'm wondering was this by choice or was it a case where she was given an ultimatum to either resign or be terminated.  

Choice.  She was named director of Cirruculum for the Collierville School district on Monday.  Husband took a job down there to help hasten the move.

4 hours ago, NoWayOut4 said:

I get the kid was at WC, but was going to be enrolled as a student at MJ the following year.  The coach sent a remind message about working out and he wants the kids that have been apart of the program to stay (who wouldn't).  What I am saying is what is different in that and what GH is doing? If a kid is zoned or enrolled to be in your school what is the issue.  Sounds like the kid jumped ship to go to GH. I am wandering if the kid just decided to go to a school that he is not zoned for just for the heck of it or maybe just maybe there was someone at GH that asked him to come on.  We will never know.  I don't really see what the issue is?

GH hasn’t talked to any players. They’re not allowed to 

18 hours ago, Jokur said:

GH hasn’t talked to any players. They’re not allowed to 

Ok just sounds a little shady.  A kid all of the sudden goes to a school they are not zoned for by a coach that is does not communicate with them... I read all the articles written and still don't know what they did wrong.  Communication with kids that were zoned to go to MJ? I am sure every coach goes to the feeder school to communicate about athletics in the future and what to expect.  

Emotions aside here are the facts:

Article II, Section 17  Athletic recruiting is prohibited. Athletic recruiting is the use of influence on a student or the parents or guardians of a student, by any person(s) directly or indirectly associated with the school, to secure or retain a student for athletic purposes. Influence is interpreted in the recruiting rule as any initial contact or prearranged contact by a member of a coaching staff or representative of the school and a prospective student-athlete in the seventh grade and above

At least one current student at Wilson Central High School was extended personal invitations to virtual workouts with MJHS football and to participate in virtual position meetings via text between 3/26 and 4/17.   MJHS then stated there was a second student that met the same criteria.  Neither student was scheduled to transfer to MJHS  

It was discovered that MJHS Football coaches actually invited 50 students from other schools to participate in virtual workouts with the MJHS strength coach and to attend virtual position meetings. Of the 50 students, 35 are currently in four area middle schools, 14 are current students at Wilson Central, and one student attends the adult HS.

Finally Wilson County Schools became aware of targeted attempts by the MJHS Football coaching staff to retain current members of their team in spite of the district’s rezoning plan. Emails and interviews confirm that parents were invited to a meeting where the coaching staff directed them to apply for zone exemptions and the content that they should include in their requests.

There are always multiple sides to a story and I have no knowledge of intent by MJHS to break the recruiting rule but there is significant probable cause to trigger an investigation.  Which happened.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NoWayOut4 said:

Ok just sounds a little shady.  A kid all of the sudden goes to a school they are not zoned for by a coach that is does not communicate with them... I read all the articles written and still don't know what they did wrong.  Communication with kids that were zoned to go to MJ? I am sure every coach goes to the feeder school to communicate about athletics in the future and what to expect.  

To sum it all up they invited 50 kids who aren’t enrolled at their school to meetings/workouts. Big time recruiting tactic but didn’t work out too well.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LTCB said:
Emotions aside here are the facts:

Article II, Section 17  Athletic recruiting is prohibited. Athletic recruiting is the use of influence on a student or the parents or guardians of a student, by any person(s) directly or indirectly associated with the school, to secure or retain a student for athletic purposes. Influence is interpreted in the recruiting rule as any initial contact or prearranged contact by a member of a coaching staff or representative of the school and a prospective student-athlete in the seventh grade and above

At least one current student at Wilson Central High School was extended personal invitations to virtual workouts with MJHS football and to participate in virtual position meetings via text between 3/26 and 4/17.   MJHS then stated there was a second student that met the same criteria.  Neither student was scheduled to transfer to MJHS  

It was discovered that MJHS Football coaches actually invited 50 students from other schools to participate in virtual workouts with the MJHS strength coach and to attend virtual position meetings. Of the 50 students, 35 are currently in four area middle schools, 14 are current students at Wilson Central, and one student attends the adult HS.

Finally Wilson County Schools became aware of targeted attempts by the MJHS Football coaching staff to retain current members of their team in spite of the district’s rezoning plan. Emails and interviews confirm that parents were invited to a meeting where the coaching staff directed them to apply for zone exemptions and the content that they should include in their requests.

There are always multiple sides to a story and I have no knowledge of intent by MJHS to break the recruiting rule but there is significant probable cause to trigger an investigation.  Which happened.

Thanks for clarifying that up.