TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

TSSAA article about fall 2020 football unknown. If they have no idea why are schools and systems allowed or even trying to start back? What is the hurry? If you have seen the guidelines to be followed according to National Federation  guidelines it will be almost impossible to get anything done. I know there are some that think workouts should be happening under normal circumstances. Schools are not even open yet and may not be for awhile. I want sports back as much as anyone. Just hope this does not backfire. Go to NFHS.org and read the 16 pages of guidelines to begin workouts for each sport.

Edited by hardtackle

36 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

TSSAA article about fall 2020 football unknown. If they have no idea why are schools and systems allowed or even trying to start back? What is the hurry? If you have seen the guidelines to be followed according to National Federation  guidelines it will be almost impossible to get anything done. I know there are some that think workouts should be happening under normal circumstances. Schools are not even open yet and may not be for awhile. I want sports back as much as anyone. Just hope this does not backfire. Go to NFHS.org and read the 16 pages of guidelines to begin workouts for each sport.

https://www.nfhs.org/media/3812287/2020-nfhs-guidance-for-opening-up-high-school-athletics-and-activities-nfhs-smac-may-15_2020-final.pdf

Yikes.

11 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

1918... end of the deadliest war in human history (at the time) , and much deadlier pandemic... football was played. A lot of things change in 100 years, for better or worse

Doesn't mean it was the right decision to make considering it affected 1/3 of the world's population. This virus has been held in check ( to a point, through no help from the fed gov't) because lessons were learned from previous pandemics. People need to prepare for the fact that in alot of areas (especially population centers) there will be restrictions on the amount of ppl in attendance, unless we as a society want to risk the chance of a 2nd wave that hits harder than the first

I'll gladly sacrifice a year of football/sports for a chance at slowing the spread of this virus, I would absolutely hate it for the kids if it came to that, but there are things at stake bigger than HS sports

• Upvote 2

On 5/22/2020 at 1:36 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

Is it just me or does the T$$AA response sound like a Democrapic 'MAYBE' or 'WHY' ?!?!

Childress and the rest of his cronies are complete idiots.  The problem is that he is protected by a Board Of Control that appear to be just as silly as him.  It's a sad day in the life of Tennessee high school athletics.  It could and should be so much better if you had a forward thinking group of individuals that were in charge of the TSSAA.  

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Doesn't mean it was the right decision to make considering it affected 1/3 of the world's population. This virus has been held in check ( to a point, through no help from the fed gov't) because lessons were learned from previous pandemics. People need to prepare for the fact that in alot of areas (especially population centers) there will be restrictions on the amount of ppl in attendance, unless we as a society want to risk the chance of a 2nd wave that hits harder than the first

I'll gladly sacrifice a year of football/sports for a chance at slowing the spread of this virus, I would absolutely hate it for the kids if it came to that, but there are things at stake bigger than HS sports

You have a .25 % chance of dying if you get it. Under 70 is even smaller.

1 hour ago, ecu said:

You have a .25 % chance of dying if you get it. Under 70 is even smaller.

These people are scared to death,to the point of ridiculousness.Lift the bans and let's get back to being a World power instead of a third world country,common sense is the best cure.

• Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic