TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

38 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

I agree let’s play but I don’t think they will allow big crowds till we get a vaccine. 

Do you think everyone will take the vaccine?? The flu shot is only taken by about 50% of the population. Secondly, the vaccine may not work for everyone like the flu shot. The vaccine is not the answer. We must live life and be smart doing it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Do you think everyone will take the vaccine?? The flu shot is only taken by about 50% of the population. Secondly, the vaccine may not work for everyone like the flu shot. The vaccine is not the answer. We must live life and be smart doing it. 

The Hong Kong flu (H3N2) pandemic started in 1968 and that flu is still here today in mutated forms (Type A) from year to year, rendering vaccines less effective.  COVID-19 and its mutated forms are, most likely, here to stay, vaccine or not.  I agree that the vaccine is not the total answer.  Precautions is all we can do.  I believe that we should protect the vulnerable and everyone else should return to normal. There comes a time when mental health issues probably outweigh the COVID-19 issues.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

I think the Most vulnerable and elderly will take it to help protect them from the ones that don’t take it that could spread it It’s just my opinion they will not allow big crowds until they come out with a vaccine

39 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

I think the Most vulnerable and elderly will take it to help protect them from the ones that don’t take it that could spread it It’s just my opinion they will not allow big crowds until they come out with a vaccine

We shall see. That would be frustrating for those of us who are healthy, plan to be smart and safe, and want to live life without fear. It would make common sense to allow all of us to make that decision for ourselves, and yet still recommend those at risk to remain from big crowds if they wish. I think the vast majority of people will be safe, smart, sanitize, and keep their distance in social settings anyway. 

20 hours ago, Djohnson said:

I agree let’s play but I don’t think they will allow big crowds till we get a vaccine. 

We had Woodstock during the Hong Kong Flu so why not allow people to make up their own minds about attending athletic events, concerts, etc...

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, orngnblk said:

These people are scared to death,to the point of ridiculousness.Lift the bans and let's get back to being a World power instead of a third world country,common sense is the best cure.

Totally agree!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

T$$AA will encourage Football at least as it makes up over 80% of its budget.  Either the $$$$$ flows in or everybody at T$$AA has to get a REAL JOB!

Everyone not as tough as you. School reopening and any restrictions will be the deciding factor for sports. TSSAA can only make decisions for themselves,  every school system will make their own decisions. 

Edited by runtheball

19 minutes ago, runtheball said:

Everyone not as tough as you. School reopening and any restrictions will be the deciding factor for sports. TSSAA can only make decisions for themselves,  every school system will make their own decisions. 

Why not allow the citizens of the great State of Tennessee to make their own decisions regarding the attendance of sporting events, concerts, church, etc...?  I am personally tired of most government officials wanting to make the decision as to what is best for me and my family.  The only good thing that could come out of high school football being shut down for the 2020-21 season is the T$$AA would have to be disband due to the fact they would not be able to pay their debts.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cbg said:

Why not allow the citizens of the great State of Tennessee to make their own decisions regarding the attendance of sporting events, concerts, church, etc...?  I am personally tired of most government officials wanting to make the decision as to what is best for me and my family.  The only good thing that could come out of high school football being shut down for the 2020-21 season is the T$$AA would have to be disband due to the fact they would not be able to pay their debts.

• CoachT locked this topic