TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

24 minutes ago, fb247 said:

But we are not playing football until september now. There must be some difference. It is not just like the flu either. And I am not a dude. Been in medical field for 40 plus years. I am not basing beliefs on politics either. Pro fans may have to sign a waiver to attend games . 

TSSAA medical advisory board is talking with the governor.  We will have an answer next week.  

I have been around the virus since April due to my wife’s profession.  Still moving on.  

Edited by GWAVE1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Have high school and college fans do the same! Issue solved. I’ll sign it and happily go. 

I plan on going to games at all levels. I will wear a mask if asked, will you? I will sign a waiver if necessary. Also age is not the only difference when it comes to comparing boys 14-18  and  men 19-30's. Yes kid's are less likely to show symptoms but can be carriers and more and more kids I am afraid are going to test positive.  As far as regarding medical advice that has been and continuing to happen. People ignore all types of medical information and practice many unhealthy  habits. Many people die way to young., or live a less than quality life. I have friends/ family and I bet you do also that if they get covid will die. I am willing to do whatever to make them feel safe.Also there are some kids that have underlying health issues they may not even know about. I get the feeling that there are some posters who give the mentality that if a kid dies that is okay so I can see another kid score a TD. 

7 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

TSSAA medical advisory board is talking with the governor.  We will have an answer next week.  

I have been around the virus since April due to my wife’s profession.  Still moving on.  

So much is still unknown about this virus and health to all has to be the greatest concern. 

11 minutes ago, fb247 said:

I plan on going to games at all levels. I will wear a mask if asked, will you? I will sign a waiver if necessary. Also age is not the only difference when it comes to comparing boys 14-18  and  men 19-30's. Yes kid's are less likely to show symptoms but can be carriers and more and more kids I am afraid are going to test positive.  As far as regarding medical advice that has been and continuing to happen. People ignore all types of medical information and practice many unhealthy  habits. Many people die way to young., or live a less than quality life. I have friends/ family and I bet you do also that if they get covid will die. I am willing to do whatever to make them feel safe.Also there are some kids that have underlying health issues they may not even know about. I get the feeling that there are some posters who give the mentality that if a kid dies that is okay so I can see another kid score a TD. 

Nobody wants anybody to die from this. Nobody. But that’s sadly the fear/panic mentality kicking in...kids can die from a car accident, heat-related issue, etc. There are always risks...it’s life in general. There is just no supporting evidence that kids are going to die, or even have significant issues from this. Older folks and the at risk may opt to continue being very careful and staying away from kids and crowds in general, which is perfectly fine. That is how it should be...each person decides for himself/herself. I’m not scared in the least of kids testing positive because of what has already been mentioned. They will be fine and should be smart, staying away from the vulnerable. The herd immunity is a thing and the more asymptomatic and mild cases we have, the quicker we will all make it past this. I currently keep my distance from the vulnerable just in case. I also constantly wash my hands and stay clean. Being smart and using common sense is the key! No, I won’t wear a mask to a game, especially in the 90 degree heat. I’ll opt to watch on TV until the mask mania subsides. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Oh whatever dude.  The only difference is age and the high school age is less susceptible to the virus.  You go do research and get oughta here with that.  Football is football.  Sign a waiver and be done with it.  Nobody is making anybody play!   

7 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Nobody wants anybody to die from this. Nobody. But that’s sadly the fear/panic mentality kicking in...kids can die from a car accident, heat-related issue, etc. There are always risks...it’s life in general. There is just no supporting evidence that kids are going to die, or even have significant issues from this. Older folks and the at risk may opt to continue being very careful and staying away from kids and crowds in general, which is perfectly fine. That is how it should be...each person decides for himself/herself. I’m not scared in the least of kids testing positive because of what has already been mentioned. They will be fine and should be smart, staying away from the vulnerable. The herd immunity is a thing and the more asymptomatic and mild cases we have, the quicker we will all make it past this. I currently keep my distance from the vulnerable just in case. I also constantly wash my hands and stay clean. Being smart and using common sense is the key! No, I won’t wear a mask to a game, especially in the 90 degree heat. I’ll opt to watch on TV until the mask mania subsides. 

The issue is that these kids all go to school. With hundreds-thousands of other kids. Who have family at home.

It is not just about you. Its about EVERYBODY.

That is why high school football is being looked at differently than college and pros. Because those kids have to be around so many others. Pros can go isolate in a bubble.

You have record number deaths in Texas. You have record number deaths in Arizona. You have record number deaths in South Carolina. In Texas they they have had over 300 cases in children in day cares in June. In May that numbers around 50. Record number of cases across the country. Its getting worse. Anybody that doesn't realize that is in denial.

In Texas, Oklahoma and South Carolina they are talking about shutting all football down high school, college and pro.

It seems like one of those things where people don't get it until it hits home. I often forget that this is a state site so Covid may not even be an issue in some parts of the state.

I know 3 people that have died from it and a relative that is not looking good right now. And those 3 people were 55-65 and still working. Not folks in a retirement home.

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

This goes back to my earlier post from my source I spoke with today. Good news that he is discussing this with the TSSAA.

I wonder how that works when school systems are talking about not even starting back until after Labor Day. Memphis is already doing it and Nashville and Knoxville are considering it.

2 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

The issue is that these kids all go to school. With hundreds-thousands of other kids. Who have family at home.

That is why high school football is being looked at differently than college and pros. Because those kids have to be around so many others. Pros can go isolate in a bubble.

You have record number deaths in Texas. You have record number deaths in Arizona. You have record number deaths in South Carolina. In Texas they they have had over 300 cases in children in day cares in June. In May that numbers around 50. Record number of cases across the country. Its getting worse. Anybody that doesn't realize that is in denial.

In Texas, Oklahoma and South Carolina they are talking about shutting all football down high school, college and pro.

It seems like one of those things where people don't get it until it hits home. I often forget that this is a state site so Covid may not even be an issue in some parts of the state.

I know 3 people that have died from it and a relative that is not looking good right now. And those 3 people were 55-65 and still working. Not folks in a retirement home.

Deaths are down 90% since mid-April! 90%!!!!! The virus is absolutely not killing more people...it’s killing way less! More people are getting tested in vast numbers and more people are positive, but the large majority are asymptomatic or have extremely mild symptoms. Majority are under 30, which is the least at risk people on the planet. Should they stay away from the vulnerable? Yes! Should the vulnerable be very careful and stay away from kids and crowds in general? Yes. It’s up to each person to make those decisions, though, just like life decisions all the time. Personal responsibility.

5 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I wonder how that works when school systems are talking about not even starting back until after Labor Day. Memphis is already doing it and Nashville and Knoxville are considering it.

Schools may have options for virtual learning but all will still be allowed to play per the TSSAA. That’s already been settled.

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

Where is your info coming from? Yesterday SC had 27 deaths and TX had 57.

There are almost 30 million people in TX. Texas’ death rate for the last three days has been 10, 21, and 57.

• Like 2

Interesting data. Of the deaths recorded of HS and college age people the virus accounts for just over 1% or in another light 99% of deaths for that age group have not been related to the Coronavirus.  The percentage is even smaller for MS aged children.  So the discussion point is if schools are opening on time (not all may be opening on time with in class services) and they are not requiring masks in the class rooms, is the TSSAA guideline for conducting athletic activity risk mitigation or risk avoidance?

coronavirus%20covid%20mortality%20us%20bcoronavirus%20covid%20death%20age%20tota

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Are you seriously not wearing a masking if requested or required? Is it a protest? I know you don't believe in them ,but really. You can always sit far away from people.  I don't want to wear one but will just to satisfy or ease concerns. 

• CoachT locked this topic