TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

51 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Are you seriously not wearing a masking if requested or required? Is it a protest? I know you don't believe in them ,but really. You can always sit far away from people.  I don't want to wear one but will just to satisfy or ease concerns. 

I’ve never been required to wear one, so I have not disobeyed any rules at all. No, I won’t wear one at a game or for any extended period of time, especially in the heat! My wife about passed out recently from wearing one and many stories are now popping up all over with people passing out being lightheaded and unable to breath. It’s hot and wearing a mask for an extended period is dangerous.

Edited by sportsguy22

15 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I wonder if a school has the right to deny admission or to toss someone out of a game (a fan) for not wearing one?  

We will see if that does indeed happen? It’s still a few months away though. I can tell you it will hurt them, as it does businesses, in the revenue department. Many people with say forget it and not go if that’s the case. 

On 7/3/2020 at 8:33 PM, sportsguy22 said:

We will see if that does indeed happen? It’s still a few months away though. I can tell you it will hurt them, as it does businesses, in the revenue department. Many people with say forget it and not go if that’s the case. 

That’s why they won’t be a season it will be to hard to keep social distancing and police it. It will be a place just to pass along COVID-19 And make numbers go up. Might as well be safe and start planning to have a season next year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Djohnson said:

That’s why they won’t be a season it will be to hard to keep social distancing and police it. It will be a place just to pass along COVID-19 And make numbers go up. Might as well be safe and start planning to have a season next year.

Thanks as always for your continued negativity and pessimism. It will not deter us in the least. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Djohnson said:

Deaths are way down and if they stay down it will lose the definition of a pandemic. In the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 flu was so bad in schools sometimes 25% of schools were infected with flu. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Djohnson said:

There is no way to stop the virus from spreading. For example, even though NC has been much stricter than Tennessee, they still have higher numbers than Tennessee. As the great children’s song “Going on a bear hunt suggest”... we can’t go over it, or under it..... we have to go through it. Fortunately, it’s not as deadly as once feared. Time to mask up when possible, wash our hands, and our distances all while moving forward with life.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

There is no way to stop the virus from spreading. For example, even though NC has been much stricter than Tennessee, they still have higher numbers than Tennessee. As the great children’s song “Going on a bear hunt suggest”... we can’t go over it, or under it..... we have to go through it. Fortunately, it’s not as deadly as once feared. Time to mask up when possible, wash our hands, and our distances all while moving forward with life.  

I agree but I’m just saying it’s not going to be this year. So they are no way to police a huge crowd that football brings. Not everyone will wear mask if told. 

2 hours ago, Djohnson said:

I agree but I’m just saying it’s not going to be this year. So they are no way to police a huge crowd that football brings. Not everyone will wear mask if told. 

We will have football this year and I’m looking forward to it! You must be watching a lot of media propaganda to think the masks are the end all be all. Are you going with the N95? That’s the new thing this week. It seems many big wigs are now saying the cloth masks are useless and the N95’s are the only ones that truly work. Are you big on social distancing too? Gloves? Eye covers? Just let us all know what will work for sure.

I'm having trouble breathing long distances of time with a mask on so I will opt out every chance I get if I can watch the game on live feed. Wish all schools carried their games that way because this is 2020 not 1965. Should have been ready for the impossible to happen one day and wasn't. The world changed forever 9-11-01. I always thought a terrorist would knock off a large crowd such as a high school game which aren't secured any better than having Barney Fife and his one bullet,  just never crossed my mind it would be a pandemic. 

On 7/3/2020 at 6:55 PM, sportsguy22 said:

I’ve never been required to wear one, so I have not disobeyed any rules at all. No, I won’t wear one at a game or for any extended period of time, especially in the heat! My wife about passed out recently from wearing one and many stories are now popping up all over with people passing out being lightheaded and unable to breath. It’s hot and wearing a mask for an extended period is dangerous.

This is more a reflection of the people passing out than the mask it's self?  I would say the "pass out percentage" for mask wearers is far less than the percentage of people catching COVID-19.  

2 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

This is more a reflection of the people passing out than the mask it's self?  I would say the "pass out percentage" for mask wearers is far less than the percentage of people catching COVID-19.  

And the percentage of people catching COVID-19 who are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms is unbelievably high!! If you follow the media closely, you'd likely think the opposite unfortunately. The extremely large majority of the people getting this now are young and under 40...and their risk of dying is basically zero. We have hit a new low of deaths via the virus since March! Why won't we hear all these facts on a daily basis?? It's all doom and gloom, and a useless running tally of case totals. It's obvious how contagious this is, but so what! The only category we should be concerned with is deaths and seriously ill at this point...and those categories are dropping tremendously. Great news! We should be focused on the truth, and keeping our vulnerable and at risk population safe!

• CoachT locked this topic