TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Finally some common constitutional sense! All these “mask mandates” going on are complete nonsense. Here’s to personal responsibility and common sense :) Well done Mayor!

Loudon County mayor took same stance,Unconstitutional WILL NOT ENFORCE.Yes some have a back bone.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

I have always thought it unconstitutional to require seatbelts and helmets as you can only harm your own idiot self and not others if you choose not to wear one. However, the courts have upheld those as constitutional. 

In saying that, the courts will never rule against mandates that protect the public at large.  Regardless of my opinion or whoever’s that’s just a fact. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I have always thought it unconstitutional to require seatbelts and helmets as you can only harm your own idiot self and not others if you choose not to wear one. However, the courts have upheld those as constitutional. 

In saying that, the courts will never rule against mandates that protect the public at large.  Regardless of my opinion or whoever’s that’s just a fact. 

“Protecting the public at large”?? What all should we do in your opinion to do that? Are masks definitely protecting everyone? If so, what type of masks? What about gloves? Eye protection? Who are you listening to on all this and do we have a unanimous recommendation by all the experts? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Whether 22 agrees or not, that is exactly right. Seatbelt and helmet laws have been challenged in the past, and they have repeatedly been ruled as constitutional.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

“Protecting the public at large”?? What all should we do in your opinion to do that? Are masks definitely protecting everyone? If so, what type of masks? What about gloves? Eye protection? Who are you listening to on all this and do we have a unanimous recommendation by all the experts? 

5OWps1XrtfVryVR6iZFTmtW8AXROzkvO3BiIolMQtFY.jpg.8084e1e0182db467b5e837febce8d994.jpg

• Like 1

It makes zero difference what the courts say either way. Courts have all kinds of rulings we all agree and disagree with. What else do y’all suggest we do to protect the public at large in the name of health and safety?? Do we stop at masks only? Can’t we get the virus through our eyes...eye protection seems to be important! Social distancing is not mandated...why not?? Seems crucial. Gloves?? At one time, they were highly recommended...should they not be mandated to protect the public at large? Why are masks all of the sudden the end all be all...and nothing else? Silly season.

Edited by sportsguy22

Just now, Sidelinehustler said:

Courts determine what is constitutional or not in the United States of America (where we live). 

Constitutionally, how long should we be mandated to wear masks? And where? What type of masks should we be mandated to wear? Shouldn’t everyone be mandated to wear them correctly if we are constitutionally mandated? 

5 hours ago, Djohnson said:

They are # 1 in TN for the most cases. Well done Mayor now we know why.

You forgot to say in my opinion or IMO or IMHO.  According to the Tennessee Covid -19 Unified Command data Maury county has had 379 confirmed cases, 5,474 cases that tested negative and 3 deaths where as Shelby County has had 12,176 confirmed cases, 145,016 cases that tested negative and 202 deaths.  While certainly not at the bottom of the list it isn't the #1 most cases by a long shot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Constitutionally, how long should we be mandated to wear masks? And where? What type of masks should we be mandated to wear? Shouldn’t everyone be mandated to wear them correctly if we are constitutionally mandated? 

You either A. Refuse to follow, B. Can’t follow, or C. All of the above. 

• CoachT locked this topic