TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

3 minutes ago, LTCB said:

You forgot to say in my opinion or IMO or IMHO.  According to the Tennessee Covid -19 Unified Command data Maury county has had 379 confirmed cases, 5,474 cases that tested negative and 3 deaths where as Shelby County has had 12,176 confirmed cases, 145,016 cases that tested negative and 202 deaths.  While certainly not at the bottom of the list it isn't the #1 most cases by a long shot.

Truth. 

Just now, Rockytopmojo7 said:

To get back on topic, any word from the Govna on putting football and soccer in same category as college and soccer? 

Not a word that I have seen. T$$AA is meeting tomorrow. I would assume they would have any pertinent information on that before they make a decision on the season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

You either A. Refuse to follow, B. Can’t follow, or C. All of the above. 

The argument is masks should be the mandated law. Highly recommended is much different than a mandate or a law! It’s nonsense to try to mandate something that we have no proof even works and, if so, which type?

2 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I have always thought it unconstitutional to require seatbelts and helmets as you can only harm your own idiot self and not others if you choose not to wear one. However, the courts have upheld those as constitutional. 

In saying that, the courts will never rule against mandates that protect the public at large.  Regardless of my opinion or whoever’s that’s just a fact. 

You're wrong... in Wisconsin a group of business owners went to court when their local government mandated that their businesses were closed. As the plaintiffs in the case, they petitioned for a week to prepare, then to reopen after cleaning and disinfecting their premises... State Supreme Court ruled that not only they be able to reopen, but effective immediately as it was unconstitutional for them to be closed by the local government.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You're wrong... in Wisconsin a group of business owners went to court when their local government mandated that their businesses were closed. As the plaintiffs in the case, they petitioned for a week to prepare, then to reopen after cleaning and disinfecting their premises... State Supreme Court ruled that not only they be able to reopen, but effective immediately as it was unconstitutional for them to be closed by the local government.

That lawsuit involved the way the governor made the executive order as it related to state law in Wisconsin. The Republicans that brought the suit even asked that the court not overturn the order immediately. It’s a procedure issue. It will be “redone” by the legislature. So, in theory, I am not wrong. Anyway, this is getting way out in left field. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

The argument is masks should be the mandated law. Highly recommended is much different than a mandate or a law! It’s nonsense to try to mandate something that we have no proof even works and, if so, which type?

I think The school board will demand mask at football games same as students wearing mask in school. 

30 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

That lawsuit involved the way the governor made the executive order as it related to state law in Wisconsin. The Republicans that brought the suit even asked that the court not overturn the order immediately. It’s a procedure issue. It will be “redone” by the legislature. So, in theory, I am not wrong. Anyway, this is getting way out in left field. 

That's my point. The Judge that ruled acknowledged the request to delay, and ruled to be effective immediately despite the request because it was unconstitutional to mandate the closures to begin with... he even stated in an interview that he'd been waiting for someone to challenge the law just to clarify.

Just a sidenote, but why categorize the business owners as Republicans?...

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic