TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

3 minutes ago, mjuhb said:

I bet Childress is Negotiating with Gov Lee to exempt them like the pros and ncaa. But it’s probably Lee’s legal council that are delaying it. The executive order has to be amended correctly. Once the order goes through. Everything will start on time. That’s why they didn’t vote on a plan today. If they call a meeting in 2 weeks and vote on plan that means the negotiation failed.

Agreed! They knew they have an extra two weeks to make a final decision with the timeline. Plus, with Alabama and Georgia now on schedule, it's going to be extremely hard to go against neighboring states when they both seem to have logical and reasonable plans in place. The exemption could happen at any time, but they wanted to delay it some to be sure and get the language right while also speaking with reps from Alabama and Georgia.

44 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

The scientific method is an iterative process that allows us to generate data, draw conclusions from that data, refine our hypotheses/theories, and repeat as necessary. This is exactly why these recommendations continue to evolve, as frustrating as that is. 

2013-updated_scientific-method-steps_v6_noheader.png

If you think Fauci is using the scientific method to tell us that masks are bad in March and you should go on a cruise but masks should be mandatory in June that's funny. There has been tons of conflicting info out there. 

1 hour ago, District12AA said:

So you are basically saying HS can't function like the NCAA and Pro Sports. 

Right now we have leaders who have no stones in terms of making a decision. Make a decision, people will be upset either way but the lack of leadership is frustrating.

TSSAA kicking the can down the road today deserves criticism. If you think the Gov will include HS contact sports to be played why not have a plan in place in case it doesn't happen??

For argument's sake, why did they have to make a final decision today timeline-wise? It seems they have a window remaining to either start on time (with a substantial number of contact practices) or still delay and revert to one of their contingency plans.

12 minutes ago, mjuhb said:

I bet Childress is Negotiating with Gov Lee to exempt them like the pros and ncaa. But it’s probably Lee’s legal council that are delaying it. The executive order has to be amended correctly. Once the order goes through. Everything will start on time. That’s why they didn’t vote on a plan today. If they call a meeting in 2 weeks and vote on plan that means the negotiation failed.

9 minutes ago, guthook said:

it's already not starting on time... you miss that?

It can possibly be starting on time if the Executive Order is released. Hopefully TSSAA has attorney’s talking to their attorney’s. That is the way real business is done. If Childress is talking to Lee’s attorneys without representation that is not good. Never know. I am a big believer in picking up on voices and moods and it didn’t sound promising actually. 

3 hours ago, District12AA said:

The order doesn't open the door for lawsuits at all. Well someone could sue but it would be thrown out in court.

No way someone can argue HS and rec leagues across the state have the same ability and resources to safely return to play that Pro Leagues and colleges have currently.

I am just as frustrated with a HS senior in the house who just wants to finish his HS football and baseball career. But I can rationally see where they are coming from.

Don’t start getting all rational on 22. 

6 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Don’t start getting all rational on 22. 

Rational is my middle name! Especially these last 4 months when irrational craziness is being thrown around all over the place. I would never argue that our high schools and rec leagues have the same resources as college and pro teams, which would be ridiculous! The rational argument is that human beings in the midst of this pandemic (quickly being reclassified as an epidemic) should all be treated equally as it relates to contact, crowds, distancing, etc. Makes zero sense to have exemptions and treat some humans differently, especially high school athletes who show little to no effects of this. That is rational in every way.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

What number dictates-Minimal/Moderate/Substantial tho??

I think we should all just plan on them saying no to football then act surprised if we get it.:roflolk:There will have to be the same guidelines for all schools or I just dont see it happening.One school cant have a better opportunity than others.Right now the media panic is starting to spread again.Its just ridiculous at this point.

Williamson County has pretty much the same setup. For them they have 4 levels.

No spread which means there are no active cases in the community.

Minimal spread which means that the active cases are 0 to .50% of the population.

Moderate spread which means that the active cases are .50-1% of the population.

Substantial spread which means that the active cases are over 1% of the population.

So at the moment Williamson County would be in minimal and bordering on moderate.

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

Williamson County has pretty much the same setup. For them they have 4 levels.

No spread which means there are no active cases in the community.

Minimal spread which means that the active cases are 0 to .50% of the population.

Moderate spread which means that the active cases are .50-1% of the population.

Substantial spread which means that the active cases are over 1% of the population.

So at the moment Williamson County would be in minimal and bordering on moderate.

So Williamson co has 902 active cases and the pop is 238,412. I get .3 which is Minimal. Am I doing that right?

6 minutes ago, guthook said:

Ivy League just cancelled all fall sports.

Moved them to the spring that is. Most all reporters are saying it will not affect the decision of other schools and divisions whatsoever. The Ivy League operates on its own anyway. Ironically, they may have just scheduled themselves out of having a fall sports season at all (so cancelling could end up being exactly right)...if you believe the fear and panic that a second wave is going to get ugly in January or February. It's so premature to make such a decision too, but that's the genius Ivy League big wigs for you.

17 minutes ago, tj3775 said:

So Williamson co has 902 active cases and the pop is 238,412. I get .3 which is Minimal. Am I doing that right?

You get a gold star :)

It'll be interesting to see where they are at the end of July, from a trend standpoint. Two weeks ago, WC had less than 400 active cases, and a month ago they had less than 200 active cases. ~1200 active cases would put them in the "moderate" category.

• CoachT locked this topic