TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

This makes sense but would require leadership and some extra work and some courage. All have been in short supply.

Baseball and softball here got in one regular season game apiece, others may have gotten in a tournament before it was all shut down.  All the different scenarios-worst to best case-for football and other sports should have been studied since then, there has obviously been time to do so with no games. Maybe it's the wrong view but it seems as if they've been blindsided. 

Kids gotta be in school. If they aren’t you can flat out forget about sports. If kids are in school there will probably be some sort of season.

Metro not being in school is a bad signal. I know, “Quit being negative”. That would be like me telling my doctor to quit being negative about my high blood pressure. It’s still there. 

We can shoulda, coulda, this ain’t right, masks, no masks, liability, no liability, Governor gonna get beat or ain’t, T$$AA this that and the other. That’s just how it’s going to be. 

10 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Kids gotta be in school. If they aren’t you can flat out forget about sports. If kids are in school there will probably be some sort of season.

Metro not being in school is a bad signal. I know, “Quit being negative”. That would be like me telling my doctor to quit being negative about my high blood pressure. It’s still there. 

We can shoulda, coulda, this ain’t right, masks, no masks, liability, no liability, Governor gonna get beat or ain’t, T$$AA this that and the other. That’s just how it’s going to be. 

I wish kids were in school and sports happening. 

16 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I agree with this. Well said. Sad times and poor leadership all around.

Can someone logically explain these genius decisions going on? The NFL announces all coaches do not have to wear a mask on the sidelines...but players do?!! What in the world is going on?? If it’s so dangerous, shouldn’t all human beings wear them in close quarters? Makes absolutely zero sense! Mixed messaging continues in droves!! Maddening.

Louisiana Association making their case in the media. 

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/high_schools/article_f13c836c-c166-11ea-aea9-37bcc89d1457.html

This is an interesting article because the state Senate education committee wants to ban fall sports but the LHSAA gets to make the call. Opposite of TN reasoning. 

Edited by Salem

• CoachT locked this topic