TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

8 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I've seen the exact opposite. Many experts think cases are way over-reported and many of the deaths that are attributed to the virus are not necessarily a result of the virus, but are from many other health problems.

Honestly haven't seen that. Can you share a link?

20 minutes ago, Salem said:

The new tests didn't go through traditional FDA testing and approval because the tests we had on hand were tainted by the CDC. The new tests weren't tested. They were rushed through and made available because the experts said testing was the answer. They may be a lot of things but they are far from 100% accurate. :roflol:

Data was paramount, therefore testing absolutely was the right thing to do, assuming that the tests performed had an acceptable level of accuracy. Unfortunately, we've had testing issues from the get-go. And when you have bad/incomplete data, you get really crappy predictive modeling.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I'm with you. There is no difference in those age groups whatsoever. I think the colleges/conferences/athletic programs have overreacted in a big way! The snowball is rolling downhill now, just like back in March...so who knows what the end result will be at this point?! As for the family members and coaches and staff who may be at risk, they may have to take specific precautions to be sure. That is their choice individually to do so, but we should not shut down athletics just because of them, which is still a small percentage of society in general. It was a mistake back in March (but we didn't know too much early on so it was more understandable) but it would be a huge mistake now after everything we have learned.

So to be clear, we shouldn't shut down a contact sport just because parents, guardians, families, etc want to have physical contact with their own children who play said sport? Maybe I'm in the minority, but if I had to choose between hugging my kids on a regular basis and them taking a year off from playing an organized sport they love (voluntarily or not), that's a pretty easy choice for me to make.

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

There are no experts cited in that article.  Ultimately, that article boils it down to whether they died of it or with it. Considering what we have seen regarding the long lasting effects of the disease, I think we should assume the virus can manifest in a number of ways.  

As for the experts:  A medical examiner is not an epidemiologist. Birx is a maybe, but Fauci is an an acknowledged expert who says the numbers are most certainly higher....

6 minutes ago, guthook said:

Honestly haven't seen that. Can you share a link?

Just now, guthook said:

There are no experts cited in that article.  Ultimately, that article boils it down to whether they died of it or with it. Considering what we have seen regarding the long lasting effects of the disease, I think we should assume the virus can manifest in a number of ways.  

As for the experts:  A medical examiner is not an epidemiologist. Birx is a maybe, but Fauci is an an acknowledged expert who says the numbers are most certainly higher....

I'm glad you trust Fauci. You are in the small minority who do. He's been on every side of every issue since Day 1. He's completely unreliable. We'll agree to disagree on the "science" and see what we find out down the road when an election is not hanging in the balance. My intuition is that this has been overblown almost from the beginning as it relates to death and hospitalizations. Otherwise, why don't we freak out every other year when the flu goes crazy? Masks? Gloves? Social distancing? Quarantine? Etc.

2 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I'm glad you trust Fauci. You are in the small minority who do. He's been on every side of every issue since Day 1. He's completely unreliable. We'll agree to disagree on the "science" and see what we find out down the road when an election is not hanging in the balance. My intuition is that this has been overblown almost from the beginning as it relates to death and hospitalizations. Otherwise, why don't we freak out every other year when the flu goes crazy? Masks? Gloves? Social distancing? Quarantine? Etc.

You serious clark?  tons of folks freaked out over the two american Ebola deaths.  Get that stuff out of here.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/iowa-s-ernst-has-wildly-different-standards-ebola-coronavirus-n1232959

3 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

So it has boiled down to trust Fauci or sportsguy 22?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Comparing Coronavirus to Ebola is absolutely insane! It's not even comparable whatsoever.

It's okay to bring up the flu but not ebola?  or the first SARS? you get to write the rules here?   

They're new pandemics.  Obviously they are far more valid comparisons.  Or Swine flu or bird flu?  

We have freaked out over all of those.  It has nothing to do with elections.  It's human nature.  

Edited by guthook

1 minute ago, fb247 said:

So it has boiled down to trust Fauci or sportsguy 22?

It's certainly not about trusting me! Trust Fauci if you choose...just try to decipher what to believe from him and what to ignore because he's basically taken every position humanly possibly as it relates to this virus in the last 7 months.

Just now, guthook said:

It's okay to bring up the flu but not ebola?  or the first SARS? you get to write the rules here?   

The flu is way more similar to C-19 than Ebola! It's not even close. By the way, anyone checked the flu numbers this year? They have basically fallen off the map for just this year. Interesting.

• CoachT locked this topic