TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

7 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Fwiw, a tremendous amount of the data cited were from a handful of provinces in China.

There are mixed feelings about the WHO in all of this, but as of July 9, they maintain that "the extent of truly asymptomatic infection in the community remains unknown" and that "transmission from infected people without symptoms is difficult to study." So I guess they are just really good at talking out of both sides of their mouth.

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/transmission-of-sars-cov-2-implications-for-infection-prevention-precautions

They have to balance science with politics. 

They can only present and report on the info at hand. The 4 studies show transmission is very low or rare as the WHO doctor said. Yes, the subject may be difficult to study but the best info they have DETAILED contact tracing suggests exactly what the doctor originally stated.  

Transmission from infected people without symptoms is difficult to study. However, information can be gathered from detailed contact tracing efforts, as well as epidemiologic investigations among cases and contacts. Information from contact tracing efforts reported to WHO by Member States, available transmission studies and a recent pre-print systematic reviews suggests that individuals without symptoms are less likely to transmit the virus than those who develop symptoms.(10, 81, 84, 85) Four individual studies from Brunei, Guangzhou China, Taiwan China and the Republic of Korea found that between 0% and 2.2% of people with asymptomatic infection infected anyone else, compared to 0.8%-15.4% of people with symptoms.(10, 72, 86, 87)

13 minutes ago, Salem said:

They have to balance science with politics. 

They can only present and report on the info at hand. The 4 studies show transmission is very low or rare as the WHO doctor said. Yes, the subject may be difficult to study but the best info they have DETAILED contact tracing suggests exactly what the doctor originally stated.  

Transmission from infected people without symptoms is difficult to study. However, information can be gathered from detailed contact tracing efforts, as well as epidemiologic investigations among cases and contacts. Information from contact tracing efforts reported to WHO by Member States, available transmission studies and a recent pre-print systematic reviews suggests that individuals without symptoms are less likely to transmit the virus than those who develop symptoms.(10, 81, 84, 85) Four individual studies from Brunei, Guangzhou China, Taiwan China and the Republic of Korea found that between 0% and 2.2% of people with asymptomatic infection infected anyone else, compared to 0.8%-15.4% of people with symptoms.(10, 72, 86, 87)

Agreed. And there has been zero follow up to this data since it was first published. I've actually seen more recent published data that contradicts the WHO's findings, but I couldn't tell you how "good" that data actually is.

To me, we should be throwing a ton of domestic resources at the asymptomatic spread question, because if in fact it is rare for asymptomatic carriers to spread this, that is a game changer.

27 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Agreed. And there has been zero follow up to this data since it was first published. I've actually seen more recent published data that contradicts the WHO's findings, but I couldn't tell you how "good" that data actually is.

To me, we should be throwing a ton of domestic resources at the asymptomatic spread question, because if in fact it is rare for asymptomatic carriers to spread this, that is a game changer.

Agree completely.

• CoachT locked this topic