Donovan's 2A decade review

HTV

On 5/26/2020 at 2:47 AM, Goldenpride said:

2010 team had the talent to do something that year, coaching failed. 6-6 team should’ve been 7-3 regular season. 

2011 team was one of the worst teams to come through, as kids weren’t motivated to play for the skip in charge and we cleaned house afterwards. 

Amazing what coaching will do. 2011 went 3-7 & 2012 turned it around to 8-4. Winning the first district title in 20 years during Gaddis first & only year at Peabody. Not quite sure if people truly knew how lost the program got before Gaddis & Woods came. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Amazing what coaching will do. 2011 went 3-7 & 2012 turned it around to 8-4. Winning the first district title in 20 years during Gaddis first & only year at Peabody. Not quite sure if people truly knew how lost the program got before Gaddis & Woods came. 

I'd love for that to be broken down into who was coaching their respective team, when they were coaching and win loss ratio for the years coached.  Definitely not for a name and shame type deal but more of a wow look what this guy did since he took over instead. Although it would also show who may have run a program down as well. Truth is someone always has to lose and will fit in that category, But i would enjoy seeing what different a coach and his staff made to a program be it in wins or losses. 

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

I'd love for that to be broken down into who was coaching their respective team, when they were coaching and win loss ratio for the years coached.  Definitely not for a name and shame type deal but more of a wow look what this guy did since he took over instead. Although it would also show who may have run a program down as well. Truth is someone always has to lose and will fit in that category, But i would enjoy seeing what different a coach and his staff made to a program be it in wins or losses. 

Coach Fitz made a HUGE deal to your team.They were not very good before him and had huge numbers and loads of talent.

12 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Coach Fitz made a HUGE deal to your team.They were not very good before him and had huge numbers and loads of talent.

That's what I had been told from a few people. I really didnt follow Meigs until one of my stepsons played and that was about the time Fitz and his crew showed up. 

Screenshot_20200529-121217_Memo.jpg.2c0470cc2668804ffc5f708012630b6d.jpg

Pretty good hire I'd say.

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Good point. Also helps when great groups of kids come through. Peabody has fielded great teams consistently over the past decade. Not necessarily the case from 2000-2009. Peabody did have a semifinal run in 2007 or 2008 I can’t remember which year exactly, but for most of the 2000s, they were mediocre for the most part. Average teams with average athletes & average coaching. I think Meigs is a good example of the kids too. Look at the records from this year’s graduating class from the time they were freshman... So the kids definitely play a good role along with the coaching as whether or not they’re going to be a good team. It does take two to tango. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

JOE GADDIS 2012 9 4   0.69
RICKY WOODS 2013-14 22 5   0.82
SHANE JACOBS 2015- 58 11   0.84

Joe Gaddis - 14 AA District champions and third round in the playoffs.

Ricky Woods - one state championship and second round in state playoffs.

Shane Jacobs - (defense coach during 2013 and 2014 With 1 state championship) 2 14AA district championships, 2 state championships, semifinals round, third round, and second round in the playoffs.

@Imthayeti

Edited by PHSRollTide

2 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Good point. Also helps when great groups of kids come through. Peabody has fielded great teams consistently over the past decade. Not necessarily the case from 2000-2009. Peabody did have a semifinal run in 2007 or 2008 I can’t remember which year exactly, but for most of the 2000s, they were mediocre for the most part. Average teams with average athletes & average coaching. I think Meigs is a good example of the kids too. Look at the records from this year’s graduating class from the time they were freshman... So the kids definitely play a good role along with the coaching as whether or not they’re going to be a good team. It does take two to tango. 

You went to the semis in 2007. 

2 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Agree fully. Some years the turnout of mules is stronger than others.

1 hour ago, PHSRollTide said:
JOE GADDIS 2012 9 4   0.69
RICKY WOODS 2013-14 22 5   0.82
SHANE JACOBS 2015- 58 11   0.84

Joe Gaddis - 14 AA District champions and third round in the playoffs.

Ricky Woods - one state championship and second round in state playoffs.

Shane Jacobs - (defense coach during 2013 and 2014 With 1 state championship) 2 14AA district championships, 2 state championships, semifinals round, third round, and second round in the playoffs.

@Imthayeti

Seems one thing Peabody knows how to do besides win is hire coaches that can get it done as well. Great winning %'s from those coaches.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Seems one thing Peabody knows how to do besides win is hire coaches that can get it done as well. Great winning %'s from those coaches.

Shane Jacobs has like 4 other head coaches from 4A schools on his staff. So he has surrounded himself with good people as well.

On 5/25/2020 at 5:57 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

While I agree UC had the better decade according to the criteria in the article Trousdale should be ahead of them. They have more overall wins in the decade. 

UC was hiding out in 1a for a while.